Efficacy quotes

• Your hope in my heart is the rarest treasure Your Name on my tongue is the sweetest word My choicest hours Are the hours I spend with You - O God, I can't live in this world Without remembering You

• I don't like rats, but there's not much else I don't like. The problem with rats is they have no fear of human beings, they're loaded with foul diseases, they would run the place given half the chance, and I've had them leap out of a lavatory while I've been sitting on it.

• The claim of the Zen followers that they are transmitting the essence of Buddhism is based on their belief that Zen takes hold of the enlivening spirit of the Buddha, stripped of all its historical and doctrinal garments.

• It is the destiny of the emigrant that the foreign land does not become his homeland: his homeland becomes foreign.

• We didn't really swallow much of the Jesus thing, but we got the vocab.

• I don't care who's on the label, because I have a job to do.

• There are three steps you have to complete to become a professional dancer: learn to dance, learn to perform, and learn how to cope with injuries.

• A long, healthy, and happy life is the result of making contributions, of having meaningful projects that are personally exciting and contribute to and bless the lives of others.

• I'm also developing my own narrative, because I'm the son of a widow. And so, while working with women and gathering their oral histories, I'm taking a step back to do my own art book and visual work.

• The world does not know it needs poems any longer, but we believe it does.