Hawkers quotes

• Los Angelenos dress like they've been focus-grouped.

• I decided that one day I had to make a film where the viewer couldn't possibly guess the end.

• Genius is to other gifts what the carbuncle is to the precious stones. It sends forth its own light, whereas other stones only reflect borrowed light.

• Voltaire remarked that it is possible to kill a flock of sheep by witchcraft if you give them plenty of arsenic at the same time. The sheep, in this figure, may well stand for the complacent apologists of capitalism; Marx's penetrating insight and bitter hatred of oppression supply the arsenic, while the labour theory of value provides the incantations.

• Designers can create normalcy out of chaos; they can clearly communicate ideas through the organising and manipulating of words and pictures.

• I have a new television show in the works, and that is all I can say right now.

• I'm trying to inspire as many people as I can. I want the viewer to enjoy the art and I want the whole family to have something to react to. I hope that folks go home and do a bit of doodling and creating on their own.

• Hopelessness has surprised me with patience.

• In high school I was very much involved in poetry. You cannot read a poem quickly. There's too much going on there. There are rhythms and alliterations. You have to read poetry slow, slow, slow to absorb it all.

• Creativity is a distinctive trait of human excellence in all domains of behavior.