Organic Chemistry quotes

• Capitalism without bankruptcy is like Christianity without hell.

• In the past, I tried to be more of a typical session guitarist. I wasn't so concerned with impressing anybody.

• What the horrors of war are, no one can imagine. They are not wounds and blood and fever, spotted and low, or dysentery, chronic and acute, cold and heat and famine. They are intoxication, drunken brutality, demoralization and disorder on the part of the inferior... jealousies, meanness, indifference, selfish brutality on the part of the superior.

• The invitation is not, "Give Me thine head." The invitation is, "My Son, give Me thine heart."

• Modern man is conditioned to expect instant gratification, but any success or triumph realized quickly, with only marginal effort, is necessarily shallow. Meaningful achievement takes time, hard work, persistence, patience, proper intent and self-awareness. The path to success is punctuated by failure, consolidation, and renewed effort.

• It's easier to fall back into old behaviors when you come back to a place where you were a shorter person.

• When a writer talks about his work, he's talking about a love affair.

• The bedfellows politics made are never strange. It only seems that way to those who have not watched the courtship.

• There's harmony and inner peace to be found in following a moral compass that points in the same direction regardless of fashion or trend.

• There is only one reply to a request for a higher birthrate among the intelligent, and that is to ask the government to first take the burden of the insane and feeble-minded from your back. [Mandatory] sterilization for these is the answer.