Keep Positive quotes

• When I started writing Tales of the City I was one year away from being a mental illness. It wasn't until 1975 that the American Psychiatric Association took homosexuality off the list of mental illnesses - and in many states, including the state of North Carolina where I grew up, homosexuality was a crime. An arrestable crime. It still is, in many parts of the world.

• Man is a multi-sensorial being. Occasionally he verbalizes … and we must seriously examine the implications of the fact that man does not communicate by word alone.

• In football you sometimes have beauty and cruelty together.

• To conquer oneself is the best and noblest victory; to be vanquished by one's own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat.

• Limitation is essential to authority. A government is legitimate only if it is effectively limited.

• The first boy I fell in love with didn't know I loved him, but he managed to break my heart anyway.

• For greatness is only the drayhorse that coaxes The built cart out; and where we go is reason. But genius is an enormous littleness, a trickling Of heart that covers alike the hare and the hunter.

• Listening is a magnetic and strange thing, a creative force. The friends who listen to us are the ones we move toward. When we are listened to, it creates us, makes us unfold and expand.

• When a photographer chooses a subject, he or she is making a claim on the interest and attention of future viewers, a prediction about what will be thought to have been important.

• Lindsay is unique in that she's a star in creating. She'll create something out of nothing, either for herself or her teammates. She's the Steve Nash of the WNBA.