Oatmeal quotes

• When I got inside, I just sort of stood there. There's nothing stranger than the smell of someone else's house. The scent goes right to your stomach. Mary's house smelled like lemon furniture polish and oatmeal cookies and logs in a fireplace. For some reason it made me want to curl up in the fetal position. I could have slept right there on their kitchen table.
    -- Adam Rapp

#Smell #Oatmeal #House

• I had long ago discovered that when a word or formula refused to come to mind the best thing for it was to think of something else: tigers for instance or oatmeal. Then when the fugitive word was least expecting it I would suddenly turn the full blaze of my attention back onto it catching the culprit in the beam of my mental torch before it could sneak off again into the darkness.
    -- Alan Bradley

#Thinking #Oatmeal #Long

• Nice writing isn't enough. It isn't enough to have smooth and pretty language. You have to surprise the reader frequently, you can't just be nice all the time. Provoke the reader. Astonish the reader. Writing that has no surprises is as bland as oatmeal. Surprise the reader with the unexpected verb or adjective. Use one startling adjective per page.
    -- Anne Bernays

#Nice #Writing #Oatmeal

• I am a believer in nutrient timing and supplementation, through 8Zone. I love eggs, apples, wild fish, leafy greens, brown rice, pasta, oatmeal, home grown Washington Potatoes, and cooking with coconut and olive oils.
    -- Apolo Ohno

#Home #Oatmeal #Eggs

• There's no dishonor in being forced by a superior power into slavery, but it is an eternal disgrace to voluntarily surrender one's liberty for a filthy bowl of oatmeal and promise of security by liars.
    -- Charley Reese

#Liars #Oatmeal #Promise

• I always like to start my morning with a good amount of fruit. I really like pineapple, particularly because of the enzymes that it has. Sometimes I have oatmeal. But if I'm feeling like I really want to be watching my weight more, then I definitely do a protein, like an omelet, scrambled eggs or some smoked salmon.
    -- Cynthia Nixon

#Morning #Eggs #Oatmeal

• Fairy dust is very useful. I use it to turn oatmeal into cake.
    -- David Shannon

#Dust #Cake #Oatmeal

• Accents are funny in that they have this odd draw for us, yet we forget we have one, too. No one is without an accent, but the one you’ve got seems like oatmeal to their caviar.
    -- Deb Caletti

#Oatmeal #Caviar #Forget

• No money, holes in my socks, living off oatmeal.
    -- Donna Tartt

#Oatmeal #Holes #Sock

• I am a picky eater. By that I mean, I love to pick the raisins out of oatmeal raisin cookies, the chips out of chocolate chip cookies, the white side off of black and white cookies, and the vanilla center out of Oreos.
    -- Dylan Lauren

#Mean #Black And White #Oatmeal

• I eat cheese and salami and a lot of fried chicken. I eat a big bag of oatmeal-raisin cookies every night and I don't gain weight. I still look OK as long as I'm dressed.
    -- Ellen Barkin

#Night #Oatmeal #Long

• I can't tell you enough about cinnamon. Cinnamon is an awesome spice to use and it goes great with something like apples in the morning or in a mixture of fruit or in your oatmeal or even in your cereal.
    -- Emeril Lagasse

#Morning #Apples #Oatmeal

• ... keeping her wild-honey-and-chamomile-soaked hair from falling into her oatmeal-and-yogurt face mask
    -- Emma McLaughlin

#Fall #Hair #Oatmeal

• If you're craving oatmeal cookies, apple sauce won't do..
    -- Eric Jerome Dickey

#Apples #Oatmeal #Cookies

• Even if I'm gone all day, breakfast is the one meal I always cook for my kids. I make French toast, oatmeal, or an egg burrito.
    -- Gabrielle Reece

#Kids #Oatmeal #Eggs

• I always start my breakfast out with oatmeal, because it's full of vitamin D, it's a great carb, and you can get, like, some fun flavors in there.
    -- Gracie Gold

#Fun #Oatmeal #Flavor

• Cultivating literature as I do upon a little oatmeal, and driving, when in a position to be driven at all, in that humble vehicle, the 'bus, I have had, perhaps, exceptional opportunities for observing their mutual position and behaviour; and it is very peculiar.
    -- James Payn

#Humble #Opportunity #Oatmeal

• I'm such a fitness freak that I eat so plain, it's gross. I have oatmeal in the morning and then I have chicken breasts and vegetables and spinach shakes.
    -- Jason Sellards

#Morning #Vegetables #Oatmeal

• It's just the most amazing thing to love a dog, isn't it? It makes our relationships with people seem as boring as a bowl of oatmeal.
    -- John Grogan

#Relationship #Dog #Oatmeal

• Bowl of oatmeal tried to stare me down... and won.
    -- John Prine

#Oatmeal #Down And #Staring

• I start the day with oatmeal with vanilla almond milk. If I don't, I'm dying by noon and eating everything in sight. On-set, I avoid crap and pack soup and salad. I cook pork chops or turkey tacos for dinner.
    -- Kaley Cuoco

#Sight #Turkeys #Oatmeal

• Battles that involve oatmeal are just never going to end up being historic, you know?" Jake went on. "Gettysburg? No major oatmeal involvement. The Battle of Midway? Neither side used oatmeal. Desert Storm? No oatmeal.
    -- Katherine Applegate

#Oatmeal #Storm #Battle

• You have to eat oatmeal or you'll dry up. Anybody knows that.
    -- Kay Thompson

#Oatmeal #Dry

• It is hard to convince people of this, but oatmeal truly is miraculous. It gives you an amazing amount of energy, like cocaine.
    -- Kelly Williams Brown

#Oatmeal #People #Giving

• Oatmeal tastes so good on its own, you don't even need to add sugar.
    -- Kristin Chenoweth

#Oatmeal #Add #Needs

• Lisp has all the visual appeal of oatmeal with fingernail clippings mixed in.
    -- Larry Wall

#Oatmeal #Computer #Fingernails

• On more than one occasion, the camera has cut to me after a break as I'm still trying to swallow the last bite of cookie. Those of you who have thought to yourselves, 'That guy talks like he has marbles in his mouth,' should know that they are not marbles, but oatmeal cookies.
    -- Lester Holt

#Cutting #Oatmeal #Guy

• As a kid, I got three meals a day. Oatmeal, miss-a-meal and no meal.
    -- Mr. T

#Kids #Oatmeal #Missing

• There's an oatmeal cookie in there. I see no reason for the existence of oatmeal, particularly in cookies.
    -- Nora Roberts

#Oatmeal #Cookies #Reason

• Truthfully, everyone knows how to eat right. They know the difference between oatmeal and a jelly cream doughnut. They know how to walk. Everyone has this in their brain. When I started, we didn't have all this knowledge.
    -- Richard Simmons

#Differences #Oatmeal #Brain

• It takes only one bad amp to turn your ears to oatmeal: That's how old hippies became Yanni fans.
    -- Rob Sheffield

#Hippie #Oatmeal #Ears

• One of life's best coping mechanisms is to know the difference between an inconvenience and a problem. If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire – then you’ve got a problem. Everything else is an inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy. A lump in the oatmeal, a lump in the throat and a lump in the breast are not the same kind of lump. One needs to learn the difference.
    -- Robert Fulghum

#Differences #Oatmeal #Fire

• Life is lumpy. And a lump in the oatmeal, a lump in the throat, and a lump in a breast are not the same lump. One should learn the difference.
    -- Robert Fulghum

#Differences #Oatmeal #Life Is

• ...now and then a giggling trail of mermaids appeared in our wake. We fed them oatmeal.
    -- Tove Jansson

#Oatmeal #Sailing #Mermaid

• I like egg white omelets with veggies, or oatmeal with almonds and fruit.
    -- Vanessa Hudgens

#White #Oatmeal #Eggs

• I don’t want any of this artificial superficial feeling stimulated by the choir. Today I have proved myself a glutton—​for Scotch oatmeal cookies and erotic thought. There is nothing left to say of me.
    -- Flannery O'Connor

#Scotch #Oatmeal #Erotic

• Trying a case a second time is like eating yesterday morning's oatmeal.
    -- Lloyd Paul Stryker

#Morning #Oatmeal #Yesterday

• I'm not much of cook, but I cook a mean bowl of oatmeal.
    -- Mahershala Ali

#Mean #Oatmeal #Cooks