Exegesis quotes

• We must live more simply so that the poor may simply live.

• If you're 70th or 80th on the money list, it's not very motivating.

• My public persona is badly warped and bears little resemblance to the person those closest to me know,

• I'm a layperson. I barely got out of high school. I have no business telling people what to do or my big philosophy on life. I'm certainly not going to write any sort of memoir.

• A diva is someone who is a perfectionist, who does her best in her craft.

• My greatest inspiration had come from messages delivered through spirit sources, who seemed to guide my every step.

• Life goes on." What nonsense, I thought, of course it doesn't. It's death that goes on.

• If anybody says their facelift doesn't hurt, they're lying. It was like I'd spent the night with an axe murderer.

• The fear among economists across the political spectrum was that we were rapidly plummeting toward a second Great Depression. So in the weeks and months that followed, we undertook a series of difficult steps to prevent that outcome. And we were forced to take those steps, largely without the help of an opposition party, which, unfortunately, after having presided over the decision-making that had led to the crisis, decided to hand it over to others to solve.

• Competing in gymnastics is the greatest reminder of being alive as a human being.