Epa quotes

• The methods that EPA introduced after 1970 to reduce air-pollutant emissions worked for a while, but over time have become progressively less effective.
    -- Barry Commoner

#Air #Epa #Method

• The EPA is now the Employment Prevention Agency.
    -- Bob McDonnell

#Agency #Politics #Epa

• Remember that sign they hung up in an EPA office during the Reagan administration, "No good deed goes unpunished"? Under George Bush, no good science goes unpunished.
    -- David Helvarg

#Office #Deeds #Epa

• Let’s shut down the EPA. The state knows best how to protect resources.
    -- Joni Ernst

#Epa #States #Resources

• The EPA, the Gestapo of government, pure and simply has been one of the major claw-hooks that the government maintains on the backs of our constituents.
    -- Tom DeLay

#Government #Gestapo #Epa

• I shrivel up every time someone mentions Star Wars to me.

• While traveling our separated roads through life, we are also either road signs or potholes on the roads of others.

• I am in favor of increased communication and cooperation between countries, but it is more important that each country becomes responsible for its own actions, its own communities, its own economies, before starting to integrate in large regional or global supranational organizations.

• In March [1972] the unity of Pakistan depended on the suppression of the secessionists. But to carry it out with such brutality on the people instead of on those responsible wasn't necessary. That's not the way to convince poor people who've been told that with the Six Points there'll be no more hurricanes, no more floods, no more hunger. I spoke out against such methods more emphatically than anyone else, and when no one dared do so.

• I was in the war. I know how to kill. I was over there. I know how to do it. I've done it before. It's no big deal. You just make an adjustment. You convince yourself it's all right. That's all. It's easy. You just slaughter them.

• If you throw the pebble in the pond and the rings start circulating that much wider, you've done things and created things for people that they didn't think they'd ever be able to do. That excites me.

• One of my problems is I'm not really sure if I slot into rock or not. I've always tried to combine world music, folk, jazz, blues and rock, and have done since Traffic.

• As a journalist, you sort of grind away, taking rejections as they come, building on whatever advances you've achieved.

• Women need a space to be creative -- creativity thrives in solitude.

• Faith is a bluebird you see from afar, it's for real and as sure as the first evening star. You can't touch it or buy it or wrap it up tight, but it's there all the same, making things turn out right.