Expressionism quotes

• Pond scum stinks. And so do the Obama administration's enormous, taxpayer-funded 'investments' in politically connected biofuel companies.

• I think that if we get back to some basic fundamental principles, we can make sure that we resolve the issues. And I think that that's what the Tea Party was all about. It's getting back to a constitutional conservative government. And that is limited, but it's also effective and efficient. I think that that's what we'll be able to do.

• Therefore, no matter how the world makes out in the next few centuries, a large class of readers at least will not be too surprised at anything. They will have been through it all before in fictional form, and will not be too paralyzed with astonishment to try to cope with contingencies as they arise.

• I've always been looking ahead, which is a good thing, but getting married slows you down and kids slow you down, a little bit. You look ahead, but you've gotta learn to enjoy what you have.

• Colors answer feeling in man; shapes answer thought; and motion answers will.

• I like the free-speech stuff, the political-correctness stuff.

• What is wealth to me if I cannot enjoy it?

• For me, temptation is life and I have a gargantuan appetite for everything.

• Education means emancipation. It means light and liberty. It means the uplifting of the soul of man into the glorious light of truth, the light by which men can only be made free.

• These two rational faculties may be designated the Scientific Faculty and the Calculative Faculty respectively; since calculation is the same as deliberation, and deliberation is never exercised about things that are invariable, so that the Calculative Faculty is a separate part of the rational half of the soul.