Vineyards quotes

• Chicken fizz! O Lord, protect all of us who toil in the vineyards of experimental chemistry!
    -- Alan Bradley

#Toil #Vineyards #Chemistry

• The television critic, whatever his pretensions, does not labour in the same vineyard as those he criticizes; his grapes are all sour.
    -- Frederic Raphael

#Doe #Vineyards #Television

• The university is a vast public utility which turns out future workers in today's vineyard, the military-industrial complex.
    -- Mario Savio

#Military #Vineyards #Today

• Today I begin a new life. Today I shed my old skin which hath, too long, suffered the bruises of failure and the wounds of mediocrity. Today I am born anew and my birthplace is a vineyard where there is fruit for all.
    -- Og Mandino

#Long #Skins #Vineyards

• Arise, O Lord, and judge your own cause. Remember your reproaches to those who are filled with foolishness all through the day. Listen to our prayers, for foxes have arisen seeking to destroy the vineyard whose winepress you alone have trod.
    -- Pope Leo X

#Prayer #Judging #Vineyards

• In other words, I'd say the whole story of Bob Dylan is one man's search for God. The turns and the steps he takes to find God are his business. I think he went to a study group at the Vineyard, and it created a lot of excitement.
    -- T Bone Burnett

#Men #Thinking #Vineyards

• With the farming of a verse Make a vineyard of the curse
    -- W. H. Auden

#Poetry #Vineyards #Farming

• The church is God's vineyard.
    -- Heinrich Bullinger

#Church #Vineyards

• Is not old wine wholesomest, old pippins toothsomest, old wood burn brightest, old linen wash whitest? Old soldiers, sweethearts, are surest, and old lovers are soundest.
    -- John Webster

#Wine #Soldier #Vineyards

• The principal sponsors of the terrorists are not religious fanatics. "Palestine's Yasser Arafat, Iraq's Saddam Hussein, and Syria's Assad family have made themselves the icons of Islamism despite the fact that they are well-known atheists who live un-Muslim lives and have persecuted unto death the Muslim movements in their countries."

• As part of the National Strategy, the Government should commit itself to the virtual elimination of functional illiteracy and innumeracy.

• In my youth, I spent my time investigating insects.

• I was born to hit a baseball. I can hit a baseball.

• I won't touch on risky, because that's subjective. People are just afraid of things too much. Afraid of things that don't necessarily merit fear.

• I'm in no rush to become extremely famous.

• A blunder at the right moment is better than cleverness at the wrong time.

• People begin to become successful the minute they decide to be.

• I don't think having separate bathrooms is a key to a successful marriage, if you love one another.

• In your hands you hold the seeds of failure - or the potential for greatness.