Zifnab quotes

• Applicant are just as important as race in determining college admissions....

• I have found, unfortunately, that if I take on too many projects at one time, there is a higher probability of those projects sucking.

• Humour is the shortest road from one person to another.

• Opera stars know that biology is destiny. Sometime in their 50s or early 60s, the powerful, flexible and ultimately mysterious instrument that has been the source of their artistry frays, cracks and disappears.

• Once I start writing, I am a huge reviser. To me writing is revising. I probably turn over every sentence that I write, to see if I have the rhythm right. That's why my first drafts take a really long time.

• Memory has the singular characteristic of recalling in a friend absent, as in a journey long past, only that which is agreeable.

• I think because we're ourselves, we tend to think we're unique. 'I have problems that are just specific to me.' Then you connect with one of your parents and you realize, 'Oh yeah, we had all that stuff, too.' You're not that original. I mean, in a good way, because it makes you feel like you're connected and a part of the world and not an island.

• I like test screenings. I like to see a movie with an audience of strangers. I think it tells you a lot.

• Some bosses believe they can't afford to employ someone legitimately - so they employ them illegally.

• I need to take a punch in order for me to throw that hook.