University Of Michigan quotes

• From my close observation of writers... they fall into two groups: 1) those who bleed copiously and visibly at any bad review, and 2) those who bleed copiously and secretly at any bad review.

• I think sex is overrated. I don't have sex appeal and I know it. As a matter of fact, I think I'm rather funny looking. My teeth are funny, for one thing, and I have none of the attributes usually required for a movie queen, including the shapeliness.

• I think my favorite Rolling Stones song is "No Expectations." I always think and talk through songs.

• A late summer garden has a tranquility found no other time of the year.

• Humankind is made for uncertainty, struggle, choice and change.

• Are you saying you don't love me?" Hazael asked Liraz. "Because I love you. I think." He paused in contemplation. "Oh. No. Never mind. That's fear.

• A photographer must be prepared to catch and hold on to those elements which give distinction to the subject or lend it atmosphere.

• I think every filmmaker wants... I don't know about every filmmaker. I certainly want my films to just exist. I want them to be judged for what they are and analyzed, accepted, criticized, whatever you want to call it, on their own terms, not as part of some mall-cop genre.

• I'm not gonna be bad at anything, and I want to actually be the best at anything I'm doing. So if I'm playing basketball, if I'm taking the SATs, like, there's a competitive spirit behind it. With production, it's the same thing.

• I don't consider myself a great writer, but I would like to think that I can at least proof- read.