Huxley quotes

• I know LSD; I don't need to take it anymore. Maybe when I die, like Aldous Huxley.
    -- Albert Hofmann

#Needs #Lsd #Huxley

• I have no great quickness of apprehension or wit which is so remarkable in some clever men, for instance Huxley
    -- Charles Darwin

#Clever #Men #Huxley

• [Thomas Henry] Huxley is a very genial, comfortable being-yet with none of the noisy and windy geniality of some folks here, whom you find with their backs turned when you are responding to the remarks that they have made you.
    -- Henry James

#Science #Biographies #Huxley

• It's really hard to write a screenplay, it's nauseating. All those great writers that tried to write screenplays, they couldn't do it, most of them - John Faulkner, whoever, Aldous Huxley.
    -- Hampton Fancher

#Writing #Huxley #Great Writers

• You can study God through everything and everyone in the universe, because God is not confined in a mosque, synagogue or church. But if you are still in need of knowing where exactly His abode is, there is only one place to look for Him: in the heart of a true lover.

• Some years ago, not long after I moved to Los Angeles from New York, I attended a television industry party. When a man asked my profession, I told him that I was a writer. He sipped his drink. "Half-hour or hour?" he inquired. There was a long silence. "Lifelong," I replied.

• If you live what you believe, you will always have the respect of others.

• A journal of the 'subjective' kind I have always thought foolish, as nurturing a morbid self -consciousness in the writer; and yet, alone so much as I am, it is well to have some sort of a ventilator from the interior.

• The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water.

• I don't have the will for singing but I must do it.

• I miss being governor.

• I had made a decision early on that we were going to do the right things and that if they worked we were going to be very successful. And if for some reason they didn't, all the claims and the protestations and the excuses wouldn't make any difference.

• The vortex theory [of the atom] is only a dream. Itself unproven, it can prove nothing, and any speculations founded upon it are mere dreams about dreams.

• It was possible at last to hear the silence to appreciate that there was a silence, deep and potent, out there beyond the pretension of the light.