Fifth Amendment quotes

• The takings clause of the Fifth Amendment is for conservatives what the equal protection clause of the 14th is for liberals.
    -- Michael Kinsley

#Fifth Amendment #Protection #Amendments

• You can assert a fifth amendment privilege and not testify. But if you go in and swear to tell the truth, then you better do it. Otherwise, if a prosecutor finds that you have testified in a way that is factually incorrect and you had reason to know that it was factually incorrect, then you're guilty of perjury.
    -- Richard Ben-Veniste

#Fifth Amendment #Way #Privilege

• Adult dragons are,astute,powerful,and sure of their strength.

• Not watching the path where his legs took him, he walked on because he knew he had to walk ahead, leaving his past behind.

• In Europe, it's more common to hear aggressive dance tracks on the radio.

• I used to be someone.

• There was definitely a period when I just felt out of sync with earth.

• Big sporting events and spectacles might give the national morale a shot in the arm, but they are too transient and taste-specific to stand as robust symbols of nationhood.

• NASA's annual budget for space exploration could fund NOAA's budget for ocean exploration for 1600 years.

• The women in labor must have NO STRESS placed upon her. She must be free to move about, walk, rock, go to the bathroom by herself, lie on her side or back, squat or kneel, or anything she finds comfortable, without fear of being scolded or embarrassed. Nor is there any need for her to be either 'quiet' or 'good.' What is a 'good' patient? One who does whatever she is told-who masks all the stresses she is feeling? Why can she not cry, or laugh, or complain?

• My life had become an endless race against the clock. I was always in a hurry, scrambling to save a minute here, a few seconds there. My wake-up call came when I found myself toying with the idea of buying a collection of One-Minute Bedtime Stories Snow White in 60 seconds. Suddenly it hit me: my rushaholism has got so out of hand that I'm even willing to speed up those precious moments with my children at the end of the day. There has to be a better way, I thought, because living in fast forward is not really living at all. That's why I began investigating the possibility of slowing down.

• Reading is the last act of secular prayer.