South Dakota quotes

• Someone in my office suggested I get my haircut at New Millennium on Wilshire Blvd. It was so different from any place I had ever been; it was like a party. Everyone was laughing and having a good time and I heard the barbers talking about all of the celebs that get their hair cut there. When I went back, they were talking about other celebs that frequent businesses on Pico, Crenshaw and in Inglewood. We had been thinking about doing a game show then we said why not have it centered around all of the places that you don't think celebrities go.

• Even a snail will eventually reach its destination.

• Gentlemen prefer bonds.

• Holding onto something that's gone only makes a sickness inside.

• I think Shakespeare is like a dialect. If I heard a broad Scots accent, I'd probably struggle at first but then I'd start to look for words I recognise and I'd get the gist. I think Shakespeare is like that.

• The cell phone has become the adult's transitional object, replacing the toddler's teddy bear for comfort and a sense of belonging.

• Divide the fire, and you will the sooner put it out.

• Music is such a joy, just an absolute joy.

• ...women are elephants and watch the way you say that in front of them because they'll think you're calling them fat and there's no coming back from that moment. But they hoard. They say they don't, but they do. We think that if something's not spoken about again, it goes away. It doesn't. Nothing goes away just like that...

• The people of this country want an industrial policy that is for America and Americans.