Hydra quotes

• One of the critical issues that we have to confront is illegal immigration, because this is a multi-headed Hydra that affects our economy, our health care, our health care, our education systems, our national security, and also our local criminality.
    -- Allen West

#Issues #Immigration #Hydra

• Simply put, international terrorism made international cooperation mandatory rather than elective. Collective security has become the only real security against the hydra-headed monster of international terror.
    -- John Ashcroft

#Real #Monsters #Hydra

• Grief has been compared to a hydra; for every one that dies, two are born.
    -- Pedro Calderon de la Barca

#Grief #Two #Hydra

• It's no easy matter to paint a background. I venture to say that the old painters had more difficulty with their grounds than with their figures. You know the story of Vandyke brought to Rubens with this recommendation: 'He already knows how to paint a background.' 'That is more than I can do!' was the reply.

• To become rich is easy. Much harder is to solve the riddles of of the heart.

• I can tell it all in song: pathos, gladness, love, joy, unhappiness.

• come and get it, you dumbass

• Suicide is a desperate attempt to get out of what seems to be an intolerable situation. It appears to be a way of escape from the pain of living.

• I love my job, simply because we can keep things fresh, all the time. That's a luxury not all shows have. For us, as actors, it keeps us interested in our jobs and it keeps us coming back to work, every day. A new setting is amazing 'cause it's new for the team and it's new for our characters.

• I think thats what all New Zealanders who are fair-minded want - a good chance for everybody to get ahead, whether its education or housing.

• I never considered the working class anything other than something to get out of.

• How many of us would be willing to settle when we're young for what we eventually get? All those plans we make...what happens to them? It's only a handful of the lucky ones that can look back and say that they even came close.

• Speak what I want, I don't care what y'all feel. 'Cause I'm my own master, my Pop told me be your own boss. Keep integrity at every cost,