Universalism quotes

• People who don't cherish their elderly have forgotten whence they came and whither they go.

• I've never seen, heard, nor smelled an issue that was so dangerous it couldn't be talked about. Hell yes, I'm for debating anything!

• After years of making wrong decisions in my life, in 1977 I found out that it was all right to be square, simple, and sober.

• An amazing observation: it is precisely for feelings that one needs time, not for thought. ... Feelings, obviously, are more demanding than thought.

• I’m saying language is a passport. A dubious, dangerous passport too.

• I'm trying to remain unfamous.

• I have always felt that a politician is to be judged by the animosities he excites among his opponents.

• The limits to innovation have nothing to do with creativity, and nothing to do with technology. They have everything to do with management capability.

• I am now in a place where I have to be truer to myself first before anyone else. If you're not real, how can you expect others to be real with you? The older you get; you aim to have an understanding of who you are as a person. But, I can honestly say, I am a better me than I've ever been in younger years.

• I switched up so that I could work 12-hour shifts at the firm on the weekends so I could have days free to paint. But it was almost like I had a secret life, because I wasn't showing any of my work. It was just in my house. In '89, I got a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts. That's when I started to get into group shows. Suddenly I sort of "came out" as an artist.