Foxgloves quotes

• The foxglove, with it's stately bells Of purple, shall adorn thy dells.
    -- David Macbeth Moir

#Flower #Purple #Foxgloves

• O Solitude! if I must with thee dwell, Let it not be among the jumbled heap Of murky buildings: climb with me the steep,-- Nature's observatory--whence the dell, In flowery slopes, its river's crystal swell, May seem a span; let me thy vigils keep 'Mongst boughs pavilion'd, where the deer's swift leap Startles the wild bee from the foxglove bell.
    -- John Keats

#Rivers #Solitude #Foxgloves

• What a moth might see from birth to death if black were white and white were black,

• How can I know who's PM or in government in Sweden? It's been 40 years since I moved abroad! Oh!

• He had the uncanny capacity to know exactly what your weak point is, know what will make you feel small, to make you cringe," Joanna Hoffman said. "It's a common trait in people who are charismatic and know how to manipulate people. Knowing that he can crush you makes you feel weakened and eager for his approval, so then he can elevate you and put you on a pedestal and own you.

• People should hear the pure blues - the #‎ blues we used to have when we had no money.

• God is bound to act, to pour Himself into thee as soon as He shall find thee ready

• They say, 'Pull yourself up by your bootstraps.' They don't realize that not everybody's bootstraps are the same length.

• Instead of me having a breakdown, I'm focusing on me having a breakthrough.

• Arbitrary benchmarks cheat kids out of a fulfilling education.

• Think of loyalty as a kind of relational glue.

• Elsewhere the paper notes that vegetarians and vegans (including athletes) 'meet and exceed requirements' for protein. And, to render the whole we-should-worry-about-getting-enough-protein-and-therefore-eat-meat idea even more useless, other data suggests that excess animal protein intake is linked with osteoporosis, kidney disease, calcium stones in the urinary tract, and some cancers. Despite some persistent confusion, it is clear that vegetarians and vegans tend to have more optimal protein consumption than omnivores.