Decadence quotes

• I don't do any Class A -especially not cocaine - after seeing what it does to people.

• I obsess and fantasize about whatever attractive men may be on the flight. Though these days the pickings are lean. No one flies regularly anymore but fugly, bland businessmen, and hideous families with no-neck monsters for children.

• I cannot allow another man to take what I already consider mine.

• Myths and science fulfill a similar function: they both provide human beings with a representation of the world and of the forces that are supposed to govern it. They both fix the limits of what is considered as possible.

• A singer for me is more like someone who is standing alone with a microphone like Scott Walker, rather than someone who is bashing a plank and is spitting all over a microphone.

• I don't like publicity, being in the limelight.

• I don't live with my role, I'm a really normal person.

• Your life as a Christian should make non believers question their disbelief in God.

• People who cannot restrain their own baser instincts, who cannot treat one another with civility, are not capable of self-government... without virtue, a society can be ruled only by fear, a truth that tyrants understand all too well

• I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world.