Voter Turnout quotes

• I'd become one of those mistakes you sometimes find in an office, a not unpleasant but mostly unproductive presence bobbing along on the energy tides of others, a walking reminder of somebody's error in judgement.

• We must not forget that all great revolutions and reformations would look mean and meagre if examined in detail as they occurred at the time.

• I remember when my daughter, Marina, was born. The second I laid eyes on her, I was in love, and I had never felt that way before. I couldn't believe it.

• “Money to Burn” is a fantasy. I mean, I would love for that to be a true story. Most of my songs are written in metaphors.

• I don't want to remember 2005 as a year that the government heaped unnecessary burdens upon American families. Stealing from the poor and middle class and giving to the rich, while increasing the deficit, is hardly responsible.

• People tend to play in their comfort zone, so the best things are achieved in a state of surprise, actually.

• There is this peculiar blind spot in the culture of academic medicine around whether withholding trial results is research misconduct. People who work in any industry can reinforce each others' ideas about what is okay.

• Everyone can act. Everyone can improvise. Anyone who wishes to can play in the theater and learn to become 'stage-worthy.' We learn through experience and experiencing, and no one teaches anyone anything. This is as true for the infant moving from kicking and crawling to walking as it is for the scientist with his equations. If the environment permits it, anyone can learn whatever he chooses to learn; and if the individual permits it, the environment will teach him everything it has to teach. 'Talent' or 'lack of talent' have little to do with it.

• Anything that instills a sense of hope will at least temporarily help treat depression.

• Grieve not, then, if your sons seem to desert you, but rejoice, rather, seeing the will of God done gladly.