Undivided Attention quotes

• I don't care what people think of me now, so why would I care when I'm dead?

• The chances are that, in the course of his lifetime, the major poet will write more bad poems than the minor, simply because major poets write a lot.

• I hate vacations. If you can build buildings, why sit on the beach?

• "When in your life were you the most challenged?" I love to hear stories of adversity and how people overcome them.

• My first season Butch Bouchard accidentally sent me to the hospital for three days with a concussion, but I never backed away from Butch or anyone else after I came back.

• I always joke to my dad and thank him for giving me this little boy body. When I was 6 or 7, my gymnastics coach looked at my quads and told the other coach to come over and see my quads. They were big then and still are. But I've kind of embraced it through the years.

• Bitterblue had never seen a man naked, and she was curious. She decided the universe owed her a few minutes, just a few, to satisfy her curiosity. So she went to him and knelt, which shut him up.

• We made a mistake. What we should have done when people crossed the line of faith and become Christians, we should have started telling people and teaching people that they have to take responsibility to become 'self feeders.' We should have gotten people, taught people, how to read their bible between service, how to do the spiritual practices much more aggressively on their own.

• Responsibility for overseeing the implementation of election law typically resides with partisan officials, many with public stakes in the election outcome.

• Is boredom anything less than the sense of one's faculties slowly dying?