Elected Officials quotes

• I think you can look at the British economy with confidence.

• I spent the '90s trying to hide out, trying to duck the full celebrity cacophony.

• Most people I know that have work that is very meaningful to them pay the price of having to work all the time.

• I don't like the Samba; it's nonsense. With a lot of these Latin dances I can't really understand what they're all about. I like the Rumba and the Paso Doble but the others I could take or leave.

• Sexuality is one of the ways that we become enlightened, actually, because it leads us to self-knowledge.

• Money gives me pleasure all the time.

• I get great joy from creating the perfect Norman Rockwell holiday. This is why I think I might be Martha Stewart's brother from another mother.

• I love being able to make people laugh.

• Why, oh why must one grow up, why must one inherit this heavy, numbing responsibility of living an undiscovered life? Out of the nothingness and the undifferentiated mass, to make something of herself! But what? In the obscurity and pathlessness to take a direction! But whither? How take even one step? And yet, how stand still? This was torment indeed, to inherit the responsibility of one’s own life.

• I like to cook Indian food when I can. I find the process of creating a home-cooked meal to be unwinding.