Side Dishes quotes

• He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant.

• I have nothing against women. Some of my best wives were women.

• When someone sets his affections upon the cross and the love of Christ, he crucifies the world as a dead and undesirable thing. The baits of sin lose their attraction and disappear. Fill your affections with the cross of Christ and you will find no room for sin.

• Caricatured as navel-gazers, Millennials are said to live for their 'likes' and status updates. But the young people I know often leverage social media in selfless ways.

• Deadwood was a place created by a series of accidents. A kind of original sin.

• I don't mind people thinking I'm stupid, but I don't want to give them any proof.

• The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.

• ... I gave as an offering my all to Him Who had won me and saved me, my property, my fame, my health, my very words... In considering all these things, I preferred Christ. And the words of God were made sweet as honeycombs to me, and I cried after knowledge and lifted up my voice for wisdom. There was moreover the moderation of anger, the curbing of the tongue, the restraint of the eyes, the discipline of the belly, and the trampling under foot of the glory which clings to the earth.

• It’s just a cookie, sweetheart.

• The times are squalid. They always were. It is a poet's duty to hold the line.