Hibernation quotes

• Some authors have conceptualized depression as a "depletion syndrome" because of the prominence of fatigability; they postulate that the patient exhausts his available energy during the period prior to the onset of the depression and that the depressed state represents a kind of hibernation, during which the patient gradually builds up a new story of energy.
    -- Aaron T. Beck

#Depression #Energy #Hibernation

• Please, a definition: A hibernation is a covert preparation for a more overt action.
    -- Ralph Ellison

#Preparation #Definitions #Hibernation

• Illinois is a state of suspended animation and the people live in hibernation from Oct. to whenever it ever gets warmer.
    -- John O'Hara

#Illinois #People #Hibernation

• The infant mortality rates are insanely high. The obesity epidemic is on the rise. It is all related.

• You pick up loads of baggage with your first record with reaction to it from fans and critics. So I went to Ireland by myself for a couple of weeks with my guitar. I read lots of poetry, I read Patti Smith's autobiography and started words and phrases and then songs started to take shape.

• An important thing to remember about the press is there is no ideological bias

• It is not education, but education of a certain kind, that will serve us. And the current model of western, urban-centered, school-based, education, which is so often more focused on turning children into efficient corporate units rather than curious and open-minded adults, will only lead us further down the wrong path.

• Sometimes when I play that old six-string, I think about you, wonder what went wrong.

• The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does.

• I think that people should find a niche that will work. I have friends growing up who sat around playing video games for hours after school, and now they work for the video game industry. People need to find a niche so it doesn't feel like a job anymore. When I'm working on the "Lights Out" brand, it's fun. It's not work.

• A work of art is like a person: it has more than one soul in its breast.

• I walked away from everybody I knew. I locked myself in a loft that I rented, like I told you, where I was rolling quarters for cigarettes. I was having to borrow money off of the rent guy... the real estate agent that was renting me the loft.

• Make sure that the beer - four pints a week - goes to the troops under fire before any of the parties in the rear get a drop.