Vixens quotes

• Still the most intense pleasure's but a splinter of ice on the gallons of lava that gush from my cracked heart.

• Birth control has almost completely and totally disappeared from the global health agenda, and the victims of this paralysis are the people of Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.

• There he got out the luncheon-basket and packed a simple meal, in which, remembering the stranger's origin and preferences, he took care to include a yard of long French bread, a sausage out of which the garlic sang, some cheese which lay down and cried, and a long-necked straw-covered flask wherein lay bottled sunshine shed and garnered on far Southern slopes.

• I have always loved the amateur side of photography, automatic photographs, accidental photographs with uncentered compositions, heads cut off, whatever. I incite people to make their self-portraits. I see myself as their walking photo booth.

• When you're six years old, you don't look at things the way an adult looks at things.

• I’m from the health department. You’ve heard of Typhoid Mary? This fella’s got enough typhoid to start his own colony.

• Since 9/11, right-wing extremists (incl anti-abortion, anti-gov) have killed more Americans than Islamic extremists,

• Sometimes I'll watch an old movie on television and, once in a while, one of mine, such as April Showers, will come on and I'll watch it. And you know something? I'm always amazed at what a lousy actress I was. I guess in the old days we just got by on glamour.

• Sleep, nurse of our life, care's best reposer.

• Comedy was one of those genres that while appearing quite jolly was actually highly dangerous.