Humanistic quotes

• I feel a big obligation to the audience, almost in a moral sense, to say something useful. If I'm going to spend a year of my life on these things, I want something that I feel that strongly about.

• The use of the high level language made each programmer a factor of 5 to 10 more productive in a coding sense and more concerned with the semantics than the syntax of modules.

• It is somehow reassuring to discover that the word travel is derived from travail, denoting the pains of childbirth.

• Coaching is destined to be the leadership approach of the 21st century.

• Harness the Power of Accelerated Failure - the faster you fail, the faster you succeed.

• I am about as relaxed a guy as it gets. I like sitting on my couch, watching shows, sitting by the fire pit. I like to play golf, but I don't have a chance to play it often. Playstation. Xbox, but I'm about as boring a guy as you'll ever meet. I could sit on this couch from the time the day starts to the time the day ends.

• Lampard, for me, was a marvellous servant for Chelsea, but I didn't think of him as an elite international footballer. And I am one of the few who felt Gerrard was not a top, top player.

• Unless we consent to lack the common things which men call success, we shall hardly become heroes or saints, philosophers or poets.

• It doesn't upset artists to find out that artists used lenses or mirrors or other aids, but it certainly does upset the art historians.

• The toughest thing is facing yourself. Being honest with yourself, that's much tougher than beating someone up. That's what I call tough.