Erode quotes

• Punishments erode relationships and moral growth.
    -- Alfie Kohn

#Punishment #Growth #Erode

• We want to be in control of our lives. Whether we are jungle fighters, craftsmen, company men, gamesmen, we want to be in control. And when the government erodes that control, we are not comfortable.
    -- Barbara Jordan

#Men #Erode #Want

• But it [crony capitalism] erodes our overall standard of living and stifles entrepreneurs by rewarding the politically favored rather than those who provide what consumers want.
    -- Charles Koch

#Entrepreneur #Erode #Want

• The government continues to erode our freedom.
    -- Diane Black

#Government #Erode

• To allow all U.S. workers to put part of their earnings into private investment accounts would definitely erode the Social Security system and cause uncertainty for new investors.
    -- Grace Napolitano

#Erode #Earning #Causes

• I have never forgotten how the deprivation of work erodes human beings, those not working and those related to them. And from that time on, I loathed an economic that could put a huge part of its workforce on the streets with no compunction.
    -- Herbert Schiller

#Erode #Forgotten #Economic

• Flexible supply chains are great for multinationals and consumers. But they erode already thin profit margins in developing-world factories and foster a pell-mell work environment in which getting the order out the door is the only thing that matters.
    -- James Surowiecki

#Doors #Order #Erode

• Charity erodes the cultural prerequisites for a vigorous democracy.
    -- Janet Poppendieck

#Democracy #Charity #Erode

• Hoarding knowledge ultimately erodes your power. If you know something important, the way to get power is by sharing it.
    -- Joseph Badaracco

#Important #Hoarding #Erode

• Manic depression distorts moods and thoughts, incites dreadful behaviors, destroys the basis of rational thought, and too often erodes the desire and will to live.
    -- Kay Redfield Jamison

#Desire #Erode #Behavior

• Once traveling, it's remarkable how quickly faith erodes. It starts to look like something else--ignorance, for example. Same thing happened to the Israelites. Sure it's weak, but sometimes you'd rather just have a map.
    -- Leif Enger

#Ignorance #Erode #Example

• The Republican agenda is, and always has been, to repeal Roe v. Wade, and at the very least, erode it to the greatest extent possible.
    -- Madeleine M. Kunin

#Agendas #Wade #Erode

• Time erodes gratitude more quickly than it does beauty!
    -- Mario Puzo

#Gratitude #Erode #Doe

• Experiments that crash atoms together could start a chain reaction that erodes everything on Earth.
    -- Martin Rees

#Together #Earth #Erode

• When government misleads the country about a terrorist attack, that erodes trust.
    -- Paul Ryan

#Country #Government #Erode

• We must solve the problem in health care by curbing out-of-control costs that erode paychecks for working families and push quality coverage out of reach for millions of Americans.
    -- Paul Ryan

#Quality #Care #Erode

• Once you don't vote your ideals... that has serious undermining affects. It erodes the moral basis of our democracy.
    -- Ralph Nader

#Political #Democracy #Erode

• In life there are certain sores which, like a kind of canker, slowly erode the soul in solitude.
    -- Sadegh Hedayat

#Soul #Solitude #Erode

• The Holocaust also shows us how a combination of events and attitudes can erode a society's democratic values.
    -- Tim Holden

#Attitude #Holocaust #Erode

• Memories are like stones, time and distance erode them like acid.
    -- Ugo Betti

#Memories #Distance #Erode

• There is a point where political correctness becomes an acid that erodes freedom.
    -- Bill O'Reilly

#Political #Erode #Acid

• I was in the fantasy. I was selling myself on the fantasy as I was doing it. It never occurred to me. I did take notes, but just because I am a writer. I've been a writer since I was five. You don't have any sort of outlandish, shocking, extraordinary, horrifying experience without writing it down, because I know and knew that you forget things. No matter how outrageous and amazing and extraordinary and seemingly unforgettable an experience is, it's kind of like a dream. It will erode inevitably, for me.
    -- Melissa Febos

#Dream #Writing #Erode

• An unresolved past erodes beauty in the present.
    -- Romany Malco

#Past #Erode