Swallowing quotes

• I was what they call 'skinny fat' - a body that resembled a python after swallowing a goat.
    -- A. J. Jacobs

#Python #Swallowing #Body

• When I study philosophical works I feel I am swallowing something which I don't have in my mouth.
    -- Albert Einstein

#Philosophy #Philosophical #Swallowing

• My dad always told me that holding a grudge is like swallowing poison and expecting the other person to die.
    -- Anna Banks

#Dad #Swallowing #Poison

• It is better to swallow a sheep or a goat than swallow what he has been swallowing.
    -- Arjuna Ranatunga

#Sheep #Swallowing #Goats

• I tried to continue, but somehow my throat made up its mind to swallow – though I can’t think what I was swallowing, unless it was a little knot of emotion I pushed back down because there was no room in my face for any more.
    -- Arthur Golden

#Thinking #Mind #Swallowing

• The high desert has an effect on people. The place has a way of swallowing you up.
    -- Campbell Scott

#People #Swallowing #Desert

• Unlike the urban development that I see taking over and swallowing up our precious soil, when we interact with our environment in a way that allows for regeneration and natural spaces, the outcome can be beautiful.
    -- Cory Trepanier

#Beautiful #Space #Swallowing

• Who would then deny that when I am sipping tea in my tearoom I am swallowing the whole universe with it and that this very moment of my lifting the bowl to my lips is eternity itself transcending time and space?
    -- D.T. Suzuki

#Space #Tea #Swallowing

• ...throw roses into the abyss and say: 'here is my thanks to the monster who didn't succeed in swallowing me alive.
    -- Friedrich Nietzsche

#Rose #Monsters #Swallowing

• Let me tell you, my girl, that I'm swallowing no more of your insults! And if I hear another word from you in disparagement of the Corinthian set it will be very much the worse for you!
    -- Georgette Heyer

#Girl #Swallowing #Insult

• When I was doing preliminary research on this case, I remembered the story about Tlazolteotl.' [Mulder] glanced at the old archaeologist. 'Am I pronouncing it correctly? It sounds like I'm swallowing a turtle.
    -- Kevin J. Anderson

#Turtles #Sound #Swallowing

• Fine food is poison. It can be as bitter as antimony and bitter almonds and as repulsive as swallowing live toads. Like the poison the emperor took every day to stop himself being poisoned, fine food must be taken daily until the system becomes immune to its ravages and the taste buds beaten and abused to the point where they not only accept but savour every vile concoction under the sun.
    -- Lisa St. Aubin de Terán

#Taken #Swallowing #Taste Buds

• No more humiliation for me, thanks very much. No more swallowing my anger. Honestly, I couldn't manage another mouthful. But it was delicious. Did you make it yourself?
    -- Marian Keyes

#Swallowing #Thanks #Humiliation

• I've pent up all my aggression, kept swallowing it and swallowing it.
    -- Mark David Chapman

#Swallowing #Aggression

• The capacity of the human mind for swallowing nonsense and spewing it forth in violent and repressive action has never yet been plumbed.
    -- Robert A. Heinlein

#Mind #Swallowing #Action

• The best part is coming." "What's the best part? You swallowing an entire cow whole?" "No. That's the finale.
    -- Stephenie Meyer

#Cows #Swallowing #Finale

• So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey.
    -- W. C. Fields

#Simple #Long #Swallowing

• By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach.
    -- Winston Churchill

#Kindness #Evil #Swallowing

• What prompted me to make these pictures [of bomb-cratered roads] was the impression that the ground was ripped by the shock, that it was swallowing itself.
    -- Sophie Ristelhueber

#Bombs #Swallowing #Shock

• I remember swallowing my tooth up in a high chair, but I definitely don't remember the first time I played bass. It was like, back there!
    -- Stephen Bruner

#Teeth #Swallowing #Bass