Homemade quotes

• My male colleagues sometimes wonder if I understand as much about defense as I ought to. Of course if I agree with them, they think that I do.

• A piece of paper makes you an officer, a radio makes you a commander.

• To me, it’s always what’s next and I think that’s what drives most very successful people. It’s never about the money. I mean that’s a way of keeping score. It’s about achievement and it’s about winning a game and it’s about upping the ante.

• Im in my mid-30s, Ive won an Oscar, I have four children. You figure out if my deafness has adversely affected my life.

• To other women the choice of clothes was a form of ingenious exhibition, a shameless seduction. To me, dresses were like a breastplate that I put on to set off to war against this life.

• But to paraphrase Henry Drummond in Inherit the Wind, ignorance and mediocrity are forever busy, and the forces of mediocrity aren't content with being mediocre; they'll do everything in their power to prevent even the humblest of teachers and children from accomplishing anything extraordinary. For good work shines a light on the failures of the mediocre, and that is a light which terrifies those who conspire to keep our nation's children, like themselves, ordinary.

• Computer assisted proofs are getting better and better and computers will play a bigger and bigger role in the future.

• There's nothing wrong or evil about having a bad day. There's everything wrong with making others have to have it... with you.

• In a world where death is the hunter, my friend, there is no time for regrets or doubts. There is only time for decisions.

• I'm super hard on myself anytime I think of an idea for a collaboration. I will rack my brain trying to think of one. I wait for the right person. It stresses me to think that I'd do a collaboration with someone and not make it the best possible opportunity.