Condolences quotes

• We must learn to live on the heavenly side and look at things from above. To contemplate all things as God sees them, as Christ beholds them, overcomes sin, defies Satan, dissolves perplexities, lifts us above trials, separates us from the world and conquers fear of death.
    -- A. B. Simpson

#Condolences #Sides #Overcoming

• He who steps on stones is glad to feel the smallest spray of moss beneath his feet.
    -- Anna Katharine Green

#Sympathy #Condolences #Feet

• Robin Williams was an airman, a doctor, a genie, a nanny, a president, a professor, a bangarang Peter Pan, and everything in between. But he was one of a kind. He arrived in our lives as an alien - but he ended up touching every element of the human spirit. He made us laugh. He made us cry. He gave his immeasurable talent freely and generously to those who needed it most - from our troops stationed abroad to the marginalized on our own streets. The Obama family offers our condolences to Robin’s family, his friends, and everyone who found their voice and their verse thanks to Robin Williams.
    -- Barack Obama

#Condolences #Doctors #Voice

• The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering.
    -- Ben Okri

#Love #Inspirational #Condolences

• May the stars carry your sadness away, may the flowers fill your heart with beauty, may hope forever wipe away your tears.
    -- Chief Dan George

#Stars #Flower #Condolences

• People always say congratulations. When you're a successful bidder it means you're willing to spend more money than anyone else. I'm not sure if that's congratulations or condolences.
    -- Eli Broad

#Positive #Congratulations #Condolences

• The sudden passing of Jack Bruce is terribly sad news. One of the greatest rock bassists to ever live and a true and profound inspiration to countless musicians. He was one of my first bass heroes and was a major influence on my playing and my music. My heartfelt condolences to his family and fans.
    -- Geddy Lee

#Inspiration #Hero #Condolences

• It was with horror that I learned of the abominable terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in New York and the Pentagon in Washington in which so many innocent people have lost their lives. My government staunchly condemns these acts of terrorism. The German people are at the side of the United States of America in this difficult hour. I wish to express my deep-felt condolences and complete solidarity to you and the American people. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.
    -- Gerhard Schroder

#New York #Prayer #Condolences

• I am deeply saddened to hear the news of Dan's passing. He was a dear friend for many years. Dan & his music will live on in the great songs he shared with us all. My sincere condolences go out to Catherine and the entire Peek family. May he rest in peace...
    -- Gerry Beckley

#Song #Rest In Peace #Condolences

• Human it is to have compassion on the unhappy.
    -- Giovanni Boccaccio

#Sympathy #Condolences #Compassion

• Any mind that is capable of real sorrow is capable of good.
    -- Harriet Beecher Stowe

#Real #Condolences #Mind

• We just sent our condolences to the President of the United States and the American people on what is a terrible, terrible tragedy.
    -- Helen Clark

#Condolences #America #People

• I, first of all, felt a great sense of loss, a sense of condolence for the friends that I had that were killed in that, for the loved ones.
    -- Hugh Shelton

#Condolences #Loss #Lost Friendship

• These irresponsible acts, which cannot have any justification whatsoever, are to be fully condemned. In these appalling circumstances, I want to offer you the most sincere condolences, both in my name and in that of the French people.
    -- Jacques Chirac

#Condolences #Names #People

• We went to the door and I let Asha in. I expected an uberawkward moment when he and Vayl met. But Asha took care of that problem right away. "So you belong to Jasmine," he said in his melancholy voice. It somehow delivered Vayl his deepest condolences without bearing a trace of malice toward me.
    -- Jennifer Rardin

#Condolences #Voice #Doors

• Shocked to learn of the serious attacks against certain areas in New York City and Washington D.C. on September 11, which caused horrendous casualty, I wish to express, on behalf of the Chinese Government and people, our deepest sympathy and solicitude to you and, through you, to the Government and people of the United States. I wish also to extend our condolences to the families of the victims. The Chinese Government has consistently condemned and rejected all forms of terrorist violence.
    -- Jiang Zemin

#New York #Condolences #Government

• Yesterday, two firefighters with the Florida Division of Forestry were killed while working on the Blue Ribbon Fire in Florida. On behalf of the 3,500 firefighters on the Wallow Fire and all of us in the firefighting community, our heartfelt condolences go out to their families and their co-workers. “If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how ought all the gods honor those who make it their professional business to put it out?
    -- John Godfrey Saxe

#Condolences #Fire #Florida

• Sad to hear news about Michael Weiner, deepest condolences to his loved ones. His sacrifices as head of players union will not be forgotten.
    -- Jose Bautista

#Condolences #Sacrifice #Player

• Tears are sometimes an inappropriate response to death. When a life has been lived completely honestly, completely successfully, or just completely, the correct response to death's perfect punctuation mark is a smile.
    -- Julie Burchill

#Love #Death #Condolences

• Heaven is a place nearby, so there's no need to say goodbye.
    -- Lene Marlin

#Goodbye #Condolences #Heaven

• Heartbroken and in tears over the shocking death of my friend, the incomparable Ms. Whitney Houston. My heartfelt condolences to Whitney's family and to all her millions of fans throughout the world. She will never be forgotten as one of the greatest voices to ever grace the earth.
    -- Mariah Carey

#Heartbroken #Condolences #Voice

• He [Kai] blinked. His eyes fell as he processed her response. Then he lifted his chin and attempted a grin that was almost painfully dejected. "No, it's all right. I understand." Dr. Erland leaned back against his desk. "My sincerest condolences, Your Highness. In more ways than one, it seems.
    -- Marissa Meyer

#Condolences #Eye #Way

• I, too, have felt that the war goes on and on. When my son, Ian, died at El Alamein-- side by side with... visitors offering their condolences, thinking to comfort me, said, "Life goes on." What nonsense, I thought, of course it doesn't. It's death that goes on; Ian is dead now and will be dead tomorrow and nexe year and forever. There's no end to that. But perhaps there will be an end to the sorrow of it.
    -- Mary Ann Shaffer

#War #Condolences #Son

• Without the letters of condolence, telegrams of congratulations, and occasional postcards, the friendship of a separated friend is not a social reality. It has no existence without the rites of friendship. Social rituals create a reality which would be nothing without them. It is not too much to say that ritual is more to society than words are to thought. For it is very possible to know something and then find words for it. But it is impossible to have social relations without symbolic acts.
    -- Mary Douglas

#Congratulations #Condolences #Reality

• We have been terrorised by what happened in America and we express our condolences to the American people who suffered from this unexpected catastrophe and a new world war.
    -- Muammar al-Gaddafi

#War #Condolences #America

• The fact is, people who don't have any misfortunes are very irritating to their neighbours. No opportunities for popping in with condolences and new-laid eggs. No visits to the afflicted. No opportunities for the milk of human kindness to flow. Naturally it doesn't.
    -- Patricia Wentworth

#Kindness #Condolences #Opportunity

• To a father, when a child dies, the future dies; to a child when a parent dies, the past dies.
    -- Red Auerbach

#Children #Father #Condolences

• My deepest condolences for DJ AM, you were a great artist and will be severely missed. My thoughts and Prayers to his family and friends.
    -- Shanna Moakler

#Prayer #Condolences #Artist

• I want to express my deepest condolences at the passing of Steve Jobs, one of the founders of our industry and a true visionary. My heart goes out to his family, everyone at Apple and everyone who has been touched by his work,
    -- Steve Ballmer

#Jobs #Condolences #Heart

• To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.
    -- Thomas Campbell

#Death #Memories #Condolences

• How bless'd the heart that has a friend. A sympathizing ear to lend.
    -- Thomas Hood

#Sympathy #Condolences #Heart

• This morning we were notified about the horrible news of the series of terrorist attacks in the United States, that have left a great trail of destruction. Mexico expresses its condolences to the Government and the American people for the irreparable human losses. We also express our energetic condemnation to these attacks. I have informed President George Bush of our feelings of sorrow and our solidarity in such difficult moments.
    -- Vicente Fox

#Morning #Condolences #Loss

• The natural effect of sorrow over the dead is to refine and elevate the mind.
    -- Washington Irving

#Condolences #Sorrow #Mind

• I send my condolences, and the condolences of the Palestinian people to American President Bush and his government and to the American people for this terrible act....We completely condemn this serious operation.... We were completely shocked.... It's unbelievable, unbelievable, unbelievable.
    -- Yasser Arafat

#Condolences #Government #People

• We completely condemn this very dangerous attack, and I convey my condolences to the American people, to the American president and to the American administration, not only in my name, but on behalf of the Palestinian people.
    -- Yasser Arafat

#Condolences #Names #People

• I got off a plane today at the airbase and I met a whole bunch of military folks there waiting to see me, they all made reference to my son and his military service and expressed their condolences. And although it's still kind of an open wound, it gave me a sense of strength knowing they all meant it.
    -- Beau Biden

#Strength #Military #Condolences

• History-writing is not a visit of condolence.
    -- Sir Lewis Bernstein Namier

#Condolences #Writing

• We are deeply saddened to hear about the passing of Jonathan Hardy. The clever wit and joy he brought to his performance of Rygel was a true gift to the world of Farscape. My sincerest condolences go out to Jonathan's family and to his many fans around the world.
    -- Brian Henson

#Clever #Condolences #Joy

• With maternal love, life makes a promise at dawn that it can never hold. You are forced to eat cold food until your days end. After that, each time a woman holds you in her arms and against her chest, these are merely condolences. You always come back to yell at your mother's grave like an abandoned dog. Never again, never again, never again.
    -- Romain Gary

#Mother #Dog #Condolences

• Although no words can really help to ease the loss you bear, Just know that you are very close in every thought and prayer. To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.
    -- Thomas Campbell

#Prayer #Condolences #Heart

• Sending you sincere condolences and the wish that the passing of time eases your sorrow.
    -- Margaret Jones

#Sympathy #Condolences #Sorrow