Volition quotes

• Innate directs its vital energy through the nervous system to specialize the coordination and sensation and volition through the cumulative and vegetative functions.
    -- Daniel D. Palmer

#Energy #Nervous #Volition

• I'm using my own person in pieces, but I'm trying to turn my person into a nonperson in the sense of a person without will, without volition. I'm subjecting myself to a scheme.
    -- Vito Acconci

#Trying #Pieces #Volition

• I spent a lot of time making music and touring around the country and living the weird life. I was just trying to keep a job and get by. So in a lot of ways, I went through a strange version of film school. So you live through a lot of things, and put them into your work.

• Women are the only people I am afraid of who I never thought would hurt me

• Death has a tendency to encourage a depressing view of war.

• Karma's not like a bank . Make a deposit, take a withdrawal.

• He who has far to ride spares his horse.

• I love when I'm writing and I'm cringing because I know I'm doing something right.

• All my life I have arrived early only to find myself standing self-consciously on a corner, outside a door, in an empty room, but the closer I get to death the earlier I arrive, the longer I am content to wait, perhaps to give myself the false sensation that there is too much time rather than not enough.

• Naked power has its limitations, since power is a generator of corruption and corruption in its turn tends to dilute the effectiveness of power.

• In my opinion, the style of a player should not be formed under the influence of any single great master.

• I study a lot of the greats; I study the current people out now and what people are listening to now. I don't shun anything away; I just check it all out and make my own judgment.