Vets quotes

• Mathematics is not yet capable of coping with the naïveté of the mathematician himself.
    -- Abraham Kaplan

#Vets #Coping #Mathematics

• I wanted to be a veterinarian until I saw a video of a vet performing surgery on a dog. Then I decided I wanted to be a pianist.
    -- Amy Lee

#Dog #Musical #Vets

• I don't feel any sense of competition at all, and that might be my naïveté, but I don't feel pitted against anyone at all.
    -- Amy Schumer

#Competition #Vets #Might

• I wanted to be a vet before I got into comedy, but then once I found out how much gore goes into that job, I wanted nothing to do with it.
    -- Brian Posehn

#Jobs #Vets #Comedy

• All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms.
    -- Dianne Feinstein

#Government #Vets #Way

• Giving a veteran a flag is not a substitute for giving our vets the quality health care they were promised
    -- Dick Durbin

#Giving #Quality #Vets

• Politics is opposed to morality, as philosophy to naïveté.
    -- Emmanuel Levinas

#Philosophy #Vets #Morality

• I wouldn't say that I dislike the young. I'm simply not a fan of naïveté.
    -- Fran Lebowitz

#Fans #Vets #Young

• Vets do what doctors used to - diagnose the injury or the condition, patch it up as best they can and remind you that these things happen and that in life we are also in the midst of death.
    -- Jane Smiley

#Doctors #Vets #Injury

• I wanted to be a vet when I was little, so it never really dawned on me that acting was my career, it sort of chose me more than I chose it.
    -- Jenna Ushkowitz

#Careers #Acting #Vets

• Cynicism is no more mature than naïveté. You're no more mature, just more burned.
    -- Karl Marlantes

#Vets #Mature #Cynicism

• It is a testament to our naïveté about culture that we think that we can change it by simply declaring new values. Such declarations usually produce only cynicism.
    -- Peter Senge

#Thinking #Culture #Vets

• originality" is everyone's aim, and novel techniques are as much prized as new scientific discoveries. [T.S.] Eliot states it with surprising naïveté: "It is exactly as wasteful for a poet to do what has been done already as for a biologist to rediscover Mendel's discoveries.
    -- Randall Jarrell

#Discovery #Vets #Done

• Once you've reached the point where you can pay rent, you can go to the vet and you can go to the grocery store, after that point it's all the same. I don't have the appetite for a decadent lifestyle.
    -- Renee Zellweger

#Pay #Vets #Lifestyle

• In general, any incoming administration must carefully examine ('vet') its nominees for high public office.
    -- Richard V. Allen

#Office #Vets #Administration

• Vets are close to my heart, okay, and it's not only because I served, okay. It's because of what they go through, okay. A lot of these people have gave their lives, a lot of them have gave their limbs, okay, you know, that's a, that's a, that's a heap, you know.
    -- Si Robertson

#Heart #People #Vets

• I asked my vet what kind of dog he'd get. He told me, 'I'd get a Chihuahua, because when it died, I wouldn't care.
    -- Margo Kaufman

#Dog #Vets #Care