Lioness quotes

• Truth has her sterner responsibilities sooner or later in store for those who have known anything about her.

• When I look at where I’ve been, I see that what I am becoming is a whole lot further down the road from where I was.

• Every duty, even the least duty, involves the whole principle of obedience.

• The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.

• No matter what, like, I couldn't - I could break a world record, get an Olympic gold medal, and my mom would be, like, you could have done better. But you looked pretty. That's what she says all the time.

• The answer to how to live is to stop thinking about it.

• Denial exists because human infants, though equipped with trust-o-meters, are built to trust, blindly and absolutely, any older person who wanders past.

• The surest way of achieving your goal is through the single-minded pursuit of simple actions.

• London now has its own John Grisham.

• I did start reading quite young but I was always read to by my parents, who are both actors. Bedtime stories from when I was about two/three to when I was about 15. In fact they didn't stop until I eventually kind of kicked them out of my bedroom.