Unnecessary Things quotes

• Over 90 percent of parents in Puerto Rico want their children to be totally fluent in English.

• It is often pleasant to stone a martyr, no matter how much we may admire him.

• The wisdom and spirit of Churchill not only saved Britain from the Third Reich but saved Western civilization from a Nazi Dark Ages when no other nation was willing to take up that defense. Churchill was the greatest military, political and spiritual leader of the 20th century.

• I'm telling you, you can't compare Saudi Arabia to other countries.

• I am Charles Mingus, half black man, not even white enough to pass for nothing but black. I am Charles Mingus, a famed jazzman, but not famed enough to make a living in this society.

• The said truth is that it is the greatest happiness of the greatest number that is the measure of right and wrong.

• If you think about disaster, you will get it. Brood about death and you hasten your demise. Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience.

• Steve Trevor was dull and boring and I didn't like him much so I disposed of him.

• There's a real wisdom to not saying a thing.

• A lot of meetings are held to arrange when to have meetings. ... Meetings today are usually called conferences to make them sound more significant.