Skylines quotes

• I watched the mighty skyline fall
    -- Billy Joel

#Fall #Skylines

• And then, build a bustling wonderful city of the 21st century, with a restoration of a spectacular skyline, which Manhattan, of course, needs. So, that is really the design as a whole
    -- Daniel Libeskind

#Cities #Design #Skylines

• I've always been drawn to city skylines.
    -- Dave Haywood

#Cities #Skylines

• I aim to create furniture that appears in a room as buildings on a skyline and reminds the viewer of the interaction between objects of design and architectural space.
    -- Gae Aulenti

#Space #Design #Skylines

• Between the villages of Aubiere and Romagnat in the ancient Province of Auvergne there is an old road that comes suddenly over the top of a high hill. To stand south of this ridge looking up at the highway flowing over the skyline is to receive one of those irrefutable impressions from landscape which requires more than a philosopher to explain. In this case it is undoubtedly, for some reason, one of exalted expectation.
    -- Hervey Allen

#Book #Expectations #Skylines

• In fact, the public will accept any city plan and skyline provided that its architecture is traditional.
    -- Leon Krier

#Cities #Skylines #Facts

• The skyline is etched in my veins. You can never put that out, no matter how hard it rains.
    -- Macklemore

#Rain #Skylines #Veins

• Shanghai set out to take over from Hong Kong and I think it's done that. It's got the most amazing futuristic skyline which rivals and even betters Tokyo.
    -- Paul Oakenfold

#Thinking #Skylines #Done

• We lost the skyline We stepped right off the map Drifted into black space And let the clocks relapse.
    -- Steven Wilson

#Space #Black #Skylines

• It's very atmospheric. It's not a building that is a severe statement in the skyline. We need the height; otherwise, the building almost disappears because it is so slender.
    -- Santiago Calatrava

#Needs #Skylines #Height