Venues quotes

• The notion dies hard that in some sort of way exports are patriotic but imports are immoral.

• Now if you should hear any one say that Lincoln don't [sic] want to go to Congress, I wish you as a personal friend of mine, wouldtell him that you have reason to believe he is mistaken.

• I don't do nothing I don't want to do.

• Far from failing in its intended task, our educational system is in fact succeeding magnificently, because its aim is to keep the American people thoughtless enough to go on supporting the system.

• When we consider that women are treated as property it is degrading to women that we should treat our children as property to be disposed of as we see fit.

• They didn't really encourage my goofy, comedic side at Juilliard.

• Courage is found in unlikely places.

• Go carefully, child of mat, where no mercy can be had, and let your faith lead you on.

• The language of [Catholic] mysticism - its repeated attempts to lay consciousness itself bare and speak all the intensely opposing yet interconnected parts of it that cannot be spoken.

• I don't go to galleries every day because it's so rare that I like what I see. There's a lot of bad art out there and a lot of it is because art has found its way into the university, where it probably shouldn't be.