Bunkers quotes

• Fear runs our lives a lot of the time. You can face it head-on, or you can hide in your bunker.
    -- Chris Pine

#Running #Faces #Bunkers

• The only system which is truly secure is one which is switched off and unplugged, locked in a titanium lined safe, buried in a concrete bunker, and is surrounded by nerve gas and very highly paid armed guards. Even then, I wouldn't stake my life on it.
    -- Gene Spafford

#Nerves #Safe #Bunkers

• Once when I'd been in a lot of bunkers, my caddie told me he was getting blisters from raking so much.
    -- JoAnne Carner

#Golf #Caddies #Bunkers

• Brad Pitt is older than Archie Bunker was in the first two seasons of All In The Family.
    -- Kelly Oxford

#Two #Firsts #Bunkers

• What am I responsible for? Who am I responsible to? Everybody? How come when Archie Bunker nailed everybody, it was funny - but when I do it, it's not?
    -- Sam Kinison

#Responsible #Bunkers

• I was in the back part of the bunker, so I had to carry the whole bunker. It was probably 20 yards.
    -- Trent Dilfer

#Sports #Yards #Bunkers

• My dear, did you ever stop to think what a wonderful bunker you would make?
    -- Walter Hagen

#Thinking #Wonderful #Bunkers

• Either a wise man will not go into bunkers, or, being in, he will endure such things as befall him with patience.
    -- Andrew Lang

#Wise #Men #Bunkers

• The way to bring about change is to be proactive and active.

• I asked myself what Palestinians would do if Israel disappeared-if everything not only went back to the way it was before 1948 but if all the Jewish people abandoned the Holy Land and were scattered again. And for the first time, I knew the answer. We would still fight. Over nothing. Over a girl without a head scarf. Over who was toughest and most important. Over who would make the rules and who would get the best seat.

• life's best balm - Forgetfulness!

• Beauty is equal parts flesh and imagination: we imbue it with our dreams, saturate it with our longings.

• I'm 33 years old now. I really want that ring. I got a taste of it here.

• Shaming and blaming your kid isn't going to make them change. You can't change yourself. Would I love to be tall and blonde? Yes, but that's not going to happen. I'm always going to be short and dark-haired, maybe gray-haired now.

• Greek myths are heroic, noble and tragic; but the American Dream is heroic, comical, and uplifting. Americans are a people in whom overweening ambition is rewarded, not punished. The Wright Brothers did not have their wings melt when they flew too high. Perhaps their wings were more soundly built than those of Icarus.

• In our greatest universities, naturalism - the doctrine that nature is all there is - is the virtually unquestioned assumption that underlies not only natural science but intellectual work of all kinds.

• I'd like to think they're staring at me because of my white-hot animal magnetism, but I'm not Elvis. I'm Lobster Boy, hear me roar.

• I started playing violin because I was fascinated by how violin players could play so fast. I would buy their cassettes, and learn different concertos, but then I started rounding out my collection. My dad was a big jazz fan, so I just started hearing a lot more soul music. I loved Little Stevie Wonder, and I got really into him as a singer and a writer as I got older.