Uptown quotes

• I was born and raised in New York City, Manhattan, uptown.
    -- Ana Ortiz

#New York #Cities #Uptown

• Artist development is something that I've been passionate about from my days at Uptown and Motown Records.
    -- Laurieann Gibson

#Artist #Uptown #Passionate

• I've seen country music go uptown, like we say, and I'm proud I was there when it happened.
    -- Loretta Lynn

#Country #Uptown #Proud

• Well, I like way downtown near the Battery. I lived down there at this time and for, I guess, the following well, this is where I moved to uptown and I've been here for four years and this is 1965.
    -- Robert Rauschenberg

#Years #Batteries #Uptown

• Let me tell you something 'bout these rich Uptown folk," said Cokie. "They got everything that money can buy, their bank accounts are fat, but they ain't happy. They ain't ever gone be happy. You know why? They soul broke. And money can't fix that, no sir.
    -- Ruta Sepetys

#Soul #Uptown #Gone

• No matter what class you're from - uptown or downtown - when you're in the dancehall everyone's equal, and it's how you choose to express yourself that makes you stand out.
    -- Kreesha Turner

#Class #Uptown #Downtown

• If you're gonna live, then live it up. If you're gonna give, then give it up. If you're gonna walk the Earth, then walk it proud. If you're gonna say the word, you got to say it loud.

• With more than 1,300 sites of care, VA operates the largest integrated health care system in the county

• No struggle can ever succeed without women participating side by side with men.

• How do you build up your bank account? By putting something in it everyday.Your health account is no different. What I do today, I am wearing tomorrow. If I put inferior foods in my body today, I'm going to be inferior tomorrow, it's that simple.

• I think if you don't stop an actor every two minutes, changing the position of the camera and the lighting, there is going to be a flow of energy.

• Once we recognize our shadow's existence we must resist the enticing step of going with its flow.

• Joseph Smith could not have picked a better year to start The Book of Mormon than 600 B.C.

• An eagerness and zeal for dispute on every subject, and with every one, shows great self-sufficiency, that never-failing sign of great self-ignorance.

• Judith took a deep breath. "Aye, you captured Iain's wife," she said again. "But he married your daughter.

• The drawings need to be strong enough to stand alone, and not just work as part of a sequence.