Pox quotes

• On the day when a young writer corrects his first proof-sheet he is as proud as a schoolboy who has just got his first dose of pox.
    -- Charles Baudelaire

#Proud #Pox #Firsts

• Love was a fever that came along a few years after chicken-pox and measles and scarlet fever.
    -- Eleanor Hallowell Abbott

#Years #Fever #Pox

• We should avoid being backward-looking, concerned with restoration and reaction, for it is the last few centuries that have spawned the pox that is now devouring us. It is a matter of returning to archaic and ancestral values, while at the same time envisioning the future as something more than the extension of the present.
    -- Guillaume Faye

#Restoration #Matter #Pox

• My friend told me later he got the chicken pox. I told him I caught politics and never got over it.
    -- Jack Johnson

#Pox #Chickens #Caught

• Maybe Ridley was like chicken pox; you could only catch it once.
    -- Kami Garcia

#Pox #Chickens

• Shortly after Christopher Columbus and his sailors returned from their voyage to the New World, a horrifying new disease began to make its way around the Old. The "pox," as it was often called, erupted with dramatic severity.
    -- Peter Lewis Allen

#Disease #Pox #Voyages

• Depressions are very cyclical, they happen once every five years. When I was on TV, yes I was effervescent, you can't fake it. It [depression] comes like the pox.
    -- Ruby Wax

#Years #Fake #Pox

• No disease is more dangerous than a bad husband, for if a woman catches that Pox, she'll languish from it her entire life.
    -- Sabrina Jeffries

#Husband #Disease #Pox

• Laughter is infectious, like small pox or gay.
    -- Stan Smith

#Laughter #Gay #Pox

• Americans spend more money on Botox, face lifts and tummy tucks than on the age-old scourges of polio, small pox and malaria.
    -- Victor Davis Hanson

#Age #Pox #Faces