Pluralism quotes

• Pluralism is no longer simply an asset or a prerequisite for progress and development, it is vital to our existence.
    -- Aga Khan IV

#Progress #Development #Pluralism

• Of all the names Polygamy went by (so as not to exasperate the Gentile population and even some of the wives of the members' own bosoms any more than necessary) -- such as Pluralism, Plural or Celestial Wedlock, the Principle, the Doctrine, the New Covenant and the Gospel Dispensation of the Meridian of Consummate Time -- the latter was thought to be the least like waving a red flag in front of a bull. But as it was hard to remember and did not make instant or any other kind of sense, it was not much used.
    -- Ardyth Kennelly

#Names #Wife #Pluralism

• I deeply believe in pluralism. I believe in the close proximity of multiple systems or agnostic systems.
    -- Ben Nicholson

#Believe #Pluralism #Agnostic

• To see the other side, to defend another people, not despite your tradition but because of it, is the heart of pluralism
    -- Eboo Patel

#Heart #People #Pluralism

• The true victory is the victory for democracy and pluralism.
    -- Hosni Mubarak

#Victory #Democracy #Pluralism

• Perhaps the most striking feature of the [nonprofit] sector is its relative freedom from constraints and its resulting pluralism.
    -- John W. Gardner

#Nonprofits #Pluralism #Democratic

• I am happy that Poland is returning to the road of pluralism and democracy.
    -- Lech Walesa

#Democracy #Pluralism #Poland

• The introduction of political pluralism often quickly led to bad results.
    -- Omar Bongo

#Political #Pluralism #Results

• The modern state does not comprehend how anyone can be guided by something other than itself. In its eyes pluralism is treason.
    -- Richard M. Weaver

#Eye #Pluralism #Doe

• We need the value and the beauty of democracy, and the beauty of pluralism is there's a free exchange of ideas. Nobody is right all the time. I'm not right all the time. I don't agree with anybody all the time, and I don't even agree with myself all the time.
    -- Rick Warren

#Ideas #Democracy #Pluralism

• I have written on numerous occasions that there is no distinction in the American Muslim community between peaceful Muslims and jihadists. While Americans prefer to imagine that the vast majority of American Muslims are civic-minded patriots who accept wholeheartedly the parameters of American pluralism, this proposition has actually never been proven.
    -- Robert Spencer

#Community #Peaceful #Pluralism

• Pluralism isn't just diversity; it's something we create out of this diversity.
    -- Diana L. Eck

#Diversity #Pluralism

• It's unfortunate that [Louis] Brandeis was not able to translate or abstract his devotion to cultural pluralism and racial equality as he put it for Jews to enslave people and their descendants and to African Americans.
    -- Jeffrey Rosen

#People #African American #Pluralism