Unrequited Love quotes

• Life has now taught me that love for things, like all unrequited love, takes its toll in the long run.
    -- Adolfo Bioy Casares

#Running #Unrequited Love #Long

• The great thing about unrequited love is it's the only kind that lasts.
    -- Allison Pearson

#Unrequited Love #Love Is #Lasts

• My encounter with another world and another culture and the beginnings of an attachment to them had set up an irritation, barely perceptible but incurable-rather like unrequited love, like a symptom of the hopelessness of trying to grasp what is boundless, or unite what cannot be joined; a reminder of how finite, how curtailed, our experience on earth must be
    -- Andrei Tarkovsky

#Unrequited Love #Irritation #Attachment

• It was all love on my side, and all good comradeship and friendship on hers. When we parted she was a free woman, but I could never again be a free man.
    -- Arthur Conan Doyle

#Unrequited Love #Men #Sides

• November Rain is a song about not wanting to be in a state of having to deal with unrequited love.
    -- Axl Rose

#Song #Rain #Unrequited Love

• I realised that one might love him secretly with no hope of encouragement, which can be very enjoyable for the young or inexperienced.
    -- Barbara Pym

#Encouragement #Unrequited Love #Might

• Unrequited love made right is the ultimate, isn’t it?
    -- Bella Andre

#Unrequited Love #Made #Unrequited

• Magic enables man to carry out with confidence his important tasks, to maintain his poise and his mental integrity in fits of anger, in the throes of hate, of unrequited love, of despair and anxiety. The function of magic is to ritualize man's optimism, to enhance his faith in the victory of hope over fear. Magic expresses the greater value for man of confidence over doubt, of steadfastness over vacillation, of optimism over pessimism.
    -- Bronislaw Malinowski

#Hate #Integrity #Unrequited Love

• The way he looked at you. I got it then. He loved you, and it was killing him. He won't get over you, Clary, he can't.
    -- Cassandra Clare

#Unrequited Love #I Love Him #Over You

• Unrequited love is a ridiculous state, and it makes those in it behave ridiculously.
    -- Cassandra Clare

#Memorable #Unrequited Love #Love Is

• There's nothing like unrequited love to take all the flavor out of a peanut butter sandwich.
    -- Charles M. Schulz

#Unrequited Love #Reality #Peanut Butter

• People do incredible things for love, particularly for unrequited love.
    -- Daniel Radcliffe

#Unrequited Love #People #Incredibles

• It’s a song about first relationships and letting go. It’s very rare for a relationship to withstand the Earth’s gravitational pull and where it’s going to take people and how they’re going to grow. I’ve heard it said that you can’t really have a true love unless it was a love unrequited. It’s a harsh one, because then your truest one is the one you can’t have forever.
    -- Eddie Vedder

#Letting Go #Song #Unrequited Love

• I had discovered that there was something more painful than falling in love with someone who hasn't fallen for you; hurting that person-hurting him and not being able to do anything about it.
    -- Elizabeth Chandler

#Falling In Love #Hurt #Unrequited Love

• Unrequited love–plain desperate aboveboard boy-chasing–turned you into a salesperson, and what you were selling was something he didn't want, couldn't use, would never miss. Unrequited love was deciding to be useless, and I could never abide uselessness.
    -- Elizabeth McCracken

#Unrequited Love #Boys #Missing

• I had never wanted to be one of those girls in love with boys who would not have me. Unrequited love - plain desperate aboveboard boy-chasing - turned you into a salesperson, and what you were selling was something he didn't want, couldn't use, would never miss. Unrequited love was deciding to be useless, and I could never abide uselessness. Neither could James. He understood. In such situations, you do one of two things - you either walk away and deny yourself, or you do sneaky things to get what you need. You attend weddings, you go for walks. You say, yes. Yes, you're my best friend, too.
    -- Elizabeth McCracken

#Girl #Unrequited Love #Boys

• For me, a place unvisited is like an unrequited love. A dull ache that- try as you might to think it away, to convince yourself that she really wasn't the right country for you- just won't leave you in peace.
    -- Eric Weiner

#Country #Unrequited Love #Thinking

• To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves.
    -- Federico Garcia Lorca

#Unrequited Love #Memorable #Punishment

• This unrequited love, to me it's nothing but a one-man cult/And cyanide in my styrofoam cup
    -- Frank Ocean

#Unrequited Love #Men #Styrofoam

• But that afternoon he asked himself, with his infinite capacity for illusion, if such pitiless indifference might not be a subterfuge for hiding the torments of love.
    -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

#Memorable #Unrequited Love #Heartbreaking

• Only three things are infinite. The sky in its stars, the sea in its drops of water, and the heart in its tears.
    -- Gustave Flaubert

#Stars #Unrequited Love #Memorable

• All love is unrequited. All of it.
    -- J. Michael Straczynski

#Unrequited Love #Love Is #Unrequited

• Because what’s worse than knowing you want something, besides knowing you can never have it?
    -- James Patterson

#Life #Unrequited Love #Knowing

• It was February sixth: eight days until Valentine's Day. I was dateless, as usual, deep in the vice grip of unrequited love. It was bad enough not having a boyfriend for New Year's Eve. Now I had to cope with Valentine datelessness, feeling consummate social pressure from every retailer in America who stuck hearts and cupids in their windows by January second to rub it in.
    -- Joan Bauer

#New Year #Valentine #Unrequited Love

• The worst thing: to give yourself away in exchange for not enough love.
    -- Joyce Carol Oates

#Life #Memorable #Unrequited Love

• She hated that she was still so desperate for a glimpse of him, but it had been this way for years.
    -- Julia Quinn

#Unrequited Love #Years #Glimpse

• I had to get over [him]. For months now, a stone had been sitting on my heart. I'd shed a lot of tears over [him], lost a lot of sleep, eaten a lot of cake batter. Somehow, I had to move on. [Life] would be hell if I didn't shake loose from the grip he had on my heart. I most definitely didn't want to keep feeling this way, alone in a love affair meant for two. Even if he'd felt like The One. Even if I'd always thought we'd end up together. Even if he still had a choke chain on my heart.
    -- Kristan Higgins

#Moving #Unrequited Love #Sleep

• Inadequate love is love. Unrequited love is love.
    -- Lan Samantha Chang

• Although love unreturned can drive you to despair, trust that somewhere out there, someone is waiting just for you.
    -- Laura Ramirez

#Unrequited Love #Waiting #Despair

• Unrequited love's a bore.
    -- Lorenz Hart

#Unrequited Love #Bores #Unrequited

• Molly works because, while Watson is ‘the audience’, Molly is every woman of a certain age sitting at home on the settee fantasizing about running their hands through Benedict Cumberbatch's hair. ...Also, I think most people have experienced the agony and the ignominy of unrequited love. I’ve never thought Molly was an idiot. She just really, really loves him.
    -- Louise Brealey

#Running #Unrequited Love #Home

• Theres so many other things to write about than unrequited love.
    -- Lucinda Williams

#Writing #Unrequited Love #Unrequited

• Unrequited love," I'd say. He'd look at me sideways in that cunning way he did and say, "what about it?" and I'd reply, "it's not your color." Pithy. Just to show him that I'd noticed. Or maybe I'd show myself to her and say, "Guess I'm not the only one who uses humans around here." And then I'd summon some of Owain's hounds to chew off the bottom bits of her legs. Then she wouldn't fit just right into his arms. She'd be too short. It'd be like hugging a midget. Nuala- pg. 75
    -- Maggie Stiefvater

#Unrequited Love #Color #Hug

• Vanity was stronger than love at sixteen and there was no room in her hot heart now for anything but hate.
    -- Margaret Mitchell

#Hate #Anger #Unrequited Love

• Unrequited love is always a great thing.
    -- Neil LaBute

#Unrequited Love #Love Is #Great Things

• Unrequited love is bad, but unrequitable love can really get you down.
    -- Sam Savage

• I have to admit, an unrequited love is so much better than a real one. I mean, it's perfect... As long as something is never even started, you never have to worry about it ending. It has endless potential.
    -- Sarah Dessen

#Real #Unrequited Love #Mean

• Every time I'm close to you, there's too much I can't say, and you just walk away. And I forgot to tell you I love you.
    -- Sarah McLachlan

#Love You #Unrequited Love #Too Much

• On the streets, unrequited love and death go together almost as often as in Shakespeare.
    -- Scott Turow

#Unrequited Love #Together #Love And Death

• Unrequited love is like hitting your head against a wall that isn't there.
    -- Shannon Wheeler

#Wall #Unrequited Love #Love Is

• The face is the mirror of the mind, and eyes without speaking confess the secrets of the heart.
    -- St. Jerome

#Love You #Heart #Unrequited Love

• Most of you have been where I am tonight. The crash site of unrequited love. You ask yourself, How did I get here? What was it about? Was it her smile? Was it the way she crossed her legs, the turn of her ankle, the poignant vulnerability of her slender wrists? What are these elusive and ephemeral things that ignite passion in the human heart? That's an age-old question. It's perfect food for thought on a bright midsummer's night.
    -- Sybil Adelman

#Love You #Heart #Unrequited Love

• When you give someone your whole heart and he doesn't want it, you cannot take it back. It's gone forever.
    -- Sylvia Plath

#Unrequited Love #Heart #Giving

• It's delicious to have people adore you, but it's exhausting, too. Particularly when your own feelings don't match theirs.
    -- Tasha Alexander

#Unrequited Love #Memorable #People

• Powerful women always interpret hostility as unrequited love.
    -- Tina Brown

#Powerful #Unrequited Love #Hostility

• That's the nature of being a parent, Sabine has discovered. You'll love your children far more than you ever loved your parents, and -- in the recognition that your own children cannot fathom the depth of your love -- you come to understand the tragic, unrequited love of your own parents.
    -- Ursula Hegi

#Children #Love You #Unrequited Love

• Love, unrequited, robs me of my rest: Love, hopeless love, my ardent soul encumbers: Love, nightmare-like, lies heavy on my chest, And weaves itself into my midnight slumbers!
    -- W. S. Gilbert

#Lying #Unrequited Love #Soul

• The female that loves unrequited sleeps, And the male that loves unrequited sleeps, The head of the money-maker that plotted all day sleeps, And the enraged and treacherous dispositions, all, all sleep.
    -- Walt Whitman

#Unrequited Love #Sleep #Female

• I think one of the most poignant things is unrequited love and loneliness.
    -- Wilbur Smith

#Loneliness #Unrequited Love #Thinking

• If music be the food of love, play on, Give me excess of it; that surfeiting, The appetite may sicken, and so die.
    -- William Shakespeare

#Food #Unrequited Love #Romantic Love

• When unrequited love is the most expensive thing on the menu, sometimes you settle for the daily special.
    -- Miranda Kenneally

#Unrequited Love #Memorable #Love Is

• To know the piano is to know the universe. To master the piano is to master the universe. The spectrum of piano sound acts as a prism through which all musical and non-musical sounds may be filtered. The grunts of sheep, the braying of mules, the popping of champagne corks, the sighs of unrequited love, not to mention the full lexicon of sounds available to all other instruments-including whistles, scrapes, bleatings, caresses, thuds, hoots, plus sweet and sour pluckings-fall within the sovereignty of this most bare and dissembling chameleon.
    -- Russell Sherman

#Sweet #Fall #Unrequited Love

• You know, most love songs are not cheesy and corny. Most love songs are complaints, I think. Or about unrequited love, coming at it from some oblique angle. Only the ones that say "I love you" over and over are the cheesy, corny ones that people complain about
    -- Stephin Merritt

#Song #Love You #Unrequited Love

• But grief is the ultimate unrequited love. However hard and long we love someone who has died, they can never love us back. At least that is how it feels.
    -- Rosamund Lupton

#Grief #Unrequited Love #Long