Bidding quotes

• One advantage of bad bidding is that you get practice at playing atrocious contracts.
    -- Alfred Sheinwold

#Practice #Bidding #Advantage

• For suppose that every tool we had could perform its task, either at our bidding or itself perceiving the need, and if-like the statues made by Dædalus or the tripods of Hephæstus, of which the poet says that "self-moved they enter the assembly of the gods" - shuttles in a loom could fly to and fro and a plectrum play a lyre all self-moved, then master-craftsmen would have no need of servants nor masters of slaves.
    -- Aristotle

#Self #Play #Bidding

• When Robert Benton was doing the movie 'In the Still of the Night,' I'd choreographed the auction scene and supplied the paintings and had a bit part - I was bidding against Meryl Streep.
    -- Arne Glimcher

#Night #Auctions #Bidding

• Warlords, dictators and terrorists are normally okay with the U.S., as long as they do the bidding of U.S. corporate interests.
    -- Brendan Sexton III

#Long #Bidding #Dictator

• They examined all my organs. Some of them are quite remarkable and others are not so good. A lot of museums are bidding for them.
    -- Casey Stengel

#Baseball #Museums #Bidding

• We will put no impediment in your way and we will be at dockside bidding you a farewell as you set off into the sunset.
    -- Charles Lichenstein

#Farewell #Sunset #Bidding

• We all understand that America feels so angry, they want to get somebody, but you can't just have lots of planes and guns and ships and make everybody do your bidding.
    -- Clare Short

#Gun #America #Bidding

• If you train yourself to listen to your intuition and to follow its bidding, you will greatly increase your percentage of success in life.
    -- Harold Sherman

#Success #Intuition #Bidding

• If you're an employer, you want to hire an employee who'll do their job, not do your bidding.
    -- Jeffrey Jones

#Jobs #Bidding #Want

• The artist himself is often surprised at the finished work of art. He cannot tell 'how it happened', nor could he repeat the feat at someone's bidding.
    -- John F. Carlson

#Art #Artist #Bidding

• Joy, whose hand is ever at his lips, bidding adieu
    -- John Keats

#Hands #Joy #Bidding

• If by prayer Incessant I could hope to change the will Of him who all things can, I would not cease To weary him with my assiduous cries; But prayer against his absolute decree No more avails than breath against the wind Blown stifling back on him that breathes it forth: Therefore to his great bidding I submit.
    -- John Milton

#Prayer #Wind #Bidding

• My agent and I put out my proposal one Thursday afternoon in August, 1998. Publishers started bidding immediately, and that process progressed for a few days.
    -- Laura Hillenbrand

#August #Thursday #Bidding

• Painting is stronger than me, it makes me do it's bidding.
    -- Pablo Picasso

#Art #Stronger #Bidding

• The international game has changed for bidding cities.
    -- Peter Ueberroth

#Games #Cities #Bidding

• The smartest side to take in a bidding war is the losing side.
    -- Warren Buffett

#War #Sides #Bidding

• His neigh is like the bidding of a monarch, and his countenance enforces homage. He is indeed a horse...
    -- William Shakespeare

#Horse #Bidding #Countenance

• Those are the two best words in English, 'Bidding' and 'war'.
    -- Evan Daugherty

#War #Two #Bidding

• You must learn to follow privately the Lord's bidding: not to speak empty words, not to adorn yourself, always to obey authority, not to look at a woman with desire, not to be angry and much else.
    -- Tito Colliander

#Desire #Bidding #Looks