Baghdad quotes

• If we can rebuild Iraq, we can rebuild Illinois and Indiana and if we can do Baghdad, we can do Baltimore.
    -- Carol Moseley Braun

#Illinois #Iraq #Baghdad

• You can't just drop the 82nd Airborne into Baghdad and it will all be over.
    -- Chuck Hagel

#Baghdad #Airborne

• I would rather go to Baghdad than go to a professional basketball game.
    -- Don Imus

#Basketball #Games #Baghdad

• We know where they are. They are in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad.
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

#Wmd #Baghdad

• But almost any place is Baghdad if you don't know what will happen in it.
    -- Edna Ferber

#Adventure #Baghdad

• Ever since the destruction of Baghdad by the Mongols in 1258, the Muslim world has been in slow decline relative to the west. With Napoleon's invasion of Egypt and the creeping British annexation of Muslim India, that decline took on a malign aspect.
    -- James Buchan

#Egypt #India #Baghdad

• Saddam Hussein also challenged President Bush to a debate. The Butcher of Baghdad vs. the Butcher of the English language.
    -- Jay Leno

#President #Hussein #Baghdad

• I'm glad the President finally found an economic development program. I'm just sad that it's only in Baghdad.
    -- John F. Kerry

#President #Baghdad #Development

• There is no presence of the American columns in the city of Baghdad at all. We besieged them and we killed most of them.
    -- Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf

#Military #Cities #Baghdad

• There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!
    -- Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf

#Military #Baghdad #Infidel

• It should be noted that no ethically-trained software engineer would ever consent to write a DestroyBaghdad procedure. Basic professional ethics would instead require him to write a DestroyCity procedure, to which Baghdad could be given as a parameter.
    -- Nathaniel Borenstein

#Writing #Baghdad #Ethics

• A troop surge in Baghdad would put more American troops at risk to address a problem that is not a military problem.
    -- Norm Coleman

#Military #Risk #Baghdad

• I report the truth of what is happening here in Baghdad and will not apologize for it.
    -- Peter Arnett

#Baghdad #Apologizing

• Baghdad is determined to force the Mongols of our age to commit suicide at its gates.
    -- Saddam Hussein

#Suicide #Age #Baghdad

• How will the bombing of Baghdad, a city of five million, accomplish a regime change?
    -- Susan Sarandon

#Cities #Baghdad #Regimes

• I [Death] was astonished to see him in Baghdad, for I had an appointment with him tonight in Samarra.
    -- W. Somerset Maugham

#Death #Tonight #Baghdad

• In the age of the internet when everybody's a pundit, we're still gonna need somebody there to go talk to the colonels, to be on the ground in Baghdad and stuff and that's very expensive
    -- Walter Isaacson

#Age #Stuff #Baghdad

• Yesterday, the Pentagon warned U.S. reporters that they should get out of Baghdad as soon as possible because the U.S. could attack at any time. Then the Pentagon added, 'Whatever you do, don't tell Geraldo.'
    -- Conan O'Brien

#Yesterday #Baghdad #Should

• When you get to the point where Baghdad is basically isolated, then what is the situation you have in the country? .. You have a country that Baghdad no longer controls; that whatever's happening inside Baghdad is almost irrelevant compared to what's going on in the rest of the country.
    -- Richard Myers

#Country #Baghdad #Situation

• Workers are actually being starved on the largest military base in Baghdad, and women are being raped with impunity - and because it doesn't fit into a Hollywood context it's not going to fly.
    -- Sarah Stillman

#Military #Baghdad #Hollywood

• I think in Baghdad, any westerner, journalist or not, has a big dollar sign on his or her forehead. So, first and foremost, you are a ticket to unimaginable wealth. And that makes any trips out of the safe zones very risky.
    -- Yaroslav Trofimov

#Thinking #Baghdad #Dollars

• It's always sort of amazing, sitting in Baghdad, to watch visiting dignitaries being received in the Green Zone by politicians who have usually very little support and seldom go outside the Green Zone.
    -- Patrick Cockburn

#Support #Baghdad #Watches