Oats quotes

• But I shall like my battle. This sort of day puts one in mood for it. Plenty of wood in the shed, jam and potatoes and apples in the cellar, hay and oats and Cressy in the barn. Pooh - what is winter?
    -- Anne Bosworth Greene

#Winter #Oats #Apples

• Out of the thirty thousand types of edible plants thought to exist on Earth, just eleven—corn, rice, wheat, potatoes, cassava, sorghum, millet, beans, barley, rye, and oats—account for 93 percent of all that humans eat, and every one of them was first cultivated by our Neolithic ancestors.
    -- Bill Bryson

#Oats #Firsts #Earth

• The gardener's rule applies to youth and age: When young 'sow wild oats'; but when old, grow sage.
    -- Henry James Byron

#Time #Oats #Age

• If one intends to make beer from oats, it is prepared with hops.
    -- Hildegard of Bingen

#Beer #Oats #Hops

• Be not ashamed to have had wild days, but not to have sown your wild oats.
    -- Horace

#Oats #Ashamed

• Some kind of pace may be got out of the eeriest jade by the near prospect of oats; but the thoroughbred has the spur in his blood.
    -- James Russell Lowell

#Oats #Blood #Spurs

• Mr. David Stockman has said that supply-side economics was merely a cover for the trickle-down approach to economic policy—what an older and less elegant generation called the horse-and-sparrow theory: If you feed the horse enough oats, some will pass through to the road for the sparrows.
    -- John Kenneth Galbraith

#Horse #Oats #Generations

• So, you wouldn't marry me." "Ridiculous question. I'm eighteen!" "Oh, it's an age thing?" He frowned. "You don't mean wild oats, do you? We're not going to have some stupid break so you can experience other---" Zuzana put a hand over his mouth. "Gross. Don't even say it.
    -- Laini Taylor

#Stupid #Mean #Oats

• The horse could not do without Manhattan. It drew him like a magnet, like a vacuum, like oats, or a mare, or an open, never-ending, tree-lined road.
    -- Mark Helprin

#Horse #Oats #Tree

• Wild oats will get sown some time, and one of the arts of life is to sow them at the right time.
    -- Richard Le Gallienne

#Art #Oats #Life Is

• I've sown all the oats I want to sow.
    -- Stephanie Zimbalist

#Oats #Want