Hepburn quotes

• In its attempt to crush the Black Panthers, the FBI engineered frequent arrests on the flimsiest of pretexts.

• Christianity is not a theory or speculation, but a life; not a philosophy of life, but a life and a living process.

• Americans have the mistaken viewpoint that Lady Liberty is only a peacetime luxury who is ill-equipped to fight the nasties. Therefore, they reason, we need an equally nasty Big Brother. Americans have forgotten that Lady Liberty is one ferocious mother when protecting her children.

• The fire in the belly is essential, otherwise you become Michael Buble - famous and meaningless.

• Teenagers are people who act like babies if they're not treated like adults.

• The Earth is Art, The Photographer is only a Witness.

• It's all or nothing with my makeup. If I get dressed up, I'll go to an extreme. I'll wear foundation, bright blue or bright red lipstick with one of my weird purple wigs.

• It is not the literal past, the 'facts' of history, that shape us, but images of the past embodied in language.

• I don't think money can help you become a better painter, for sure. You can have all the studios you want; it won't help you make a better painting.

• (Dwight Gooden) his fastball crackling , his curveball dropping as suddenly as a duck shot in the air, has begun his charge for a third straight award-winning season.