Vowels quotes

• French is, in many ways, more difficult for an English-speaking person to sing. It is so full of complex and trying vowels. It requires the utmost subtlety.
    -- Alma Gluck

#Trying #Vowels #Way

• I don't want words that other people have invented. All the words are other people's inventions. I want my own stuff, my own rhythm, and vowels and consonants too, matching the rhythm and all my own.
    -- Hugo Ball

#People #Vowels #Want

• God have mercy on the sinner Who must write with no dinner, No gravy and no grub, No pewter and no pub, No bellyand no bowels, Only consonants and vowels.
    -- John Crowe Ransom

#Writing #Vowels #Pewter

• If you are serious about volleyball, the only months to stop playing are those without a vowel.
    -- John Kessel

#Sports #Volleyball #Vowels

• My family is from Liverpool, so I have some of those vowel sounds, I've got the slack tone of someone from Birmingham, and then I was raised in Bedford, which is just north of London. So my accent, if it's possible, makes even less sense to a Brit than to an American.
    -- John Oliver

#Tone #Sound #Vowels

• I'm all about 'I'/ Give the rest of the vowels back
    -- Lil Wayne

#Giving #Vowels

• Every poet knows the pun is Pierian, that it springs from the same soil as the Muse?a matching and shifting of vowels and consonants, an adroit assonance sometimes derided as jackassonance.
    -- Louis Untermeyer

#Spring #Vowels #Soil

• School is consonantal in its unchanging schedule. God, full of possibility, is a vowel. Death: the ultimate consonant.
    -- Myla Goldberg

#School #Schedules #Vowels

• I don't use my lips. I use my tongue to make - create the vowels.
    -- Dolora Zajick

#Use #Vowels #Tongue

• Life's a wheel of fortune and y'all can't buy a vowel.
    -- Lil' Kim

#Philosophy #Vowels #Wheels