Troubled Relationship quotes

• We have vastly different hopes and expectations, as far as the U.S.-Russia relationship is concerned, in Moscow and Washington. What we need, however, is to manage this troubled relationship -- we don't want this relationship to go out of control.
    -- Dimitri Simes

#Russia #Expectations #Troubled Relationship

• But I was also a big mouth, I started to develop a troubled relationship with Harry Shorten.
    -- Gil Kane

#Troubled Relationship #Mouths #Bigs

• Oddly, I do have a problem with authority. I find it very difficult to knuckle down and follow rules. Which are the classic symptoms of someone who has a troubled relationship with their father. And yet, I never had a problem with my father.
    -- Toby Young

#Father #Troubled Relationship #Down And

• I have a troubled relationship with Hunter S. Thompson, not just because he kicked me out of a bar but also because it's become clear to me that he was not a good person.
    -- Andy Daly

#Troubled Relationship #Hunters #Bars

• Data is what distinguishes the dilettante from the artist

• We live in such a hyperliterate world, soaked and saturated in writing: on our machines, on the streets, on our television screens. It's just that writing doesn't live in the boxes that it used to. The genie is out of the bottle. But that just means that the magic could be anywhere.

• Enthusiasm just creates bubbles; it doesn't keep them from popping.

• I'll always be Number 1 to myself.

• Horror movies are the best date movies. There's no wondering , 'When do I put my arm around her?'

• You don't smoke do you?" "No, why?" "They're afraid of fire." "Great, we're going to be eaten alive because neither of us smokes." I almost laughed. He sounded so thoroughly disgusted…

• Expectation is the root of all heartache.

• Dreams show you that you have the power...

• To me, a book is a book, an electronic device is not, and love of books was the reason I started writing.

• When you lose all sense of self the bonds of a thousands chains will vanish. Lose yourself completely, return to the root of the root of your own soul.