Dachau quotes

• The things I believed in dont exist any more. It's foolish to pretend that they do. Western Civilization finally went up in smoke in the chimneys at Dachau but I was too infatuated to see it. I see it now.
    -- Cormac McCarthy

#Civilization #Dachau #Foolish

• I've always had a keen interest in the world. My father was in Patton's 3rd Army, and he helped liberate Dachau in the 7th Army.
    -- Ed Royce

#Father #Army #Dachau

• Dachau-the significance of this name will never be erased from German history. It stands for all concentration camps which the Nazis established in their territory.
    -- Eugen Kogon

#Names #Dachau #Territory

• All the Dachaus must remain standing. The Dachaus, the Belsens, the Buchenwalds, the Auschwitzes - all of them. They must remain standing because they are a monument to a moment in time when some men decided to turn the Earth into a graveyard. Into it they shoveled all of their reason, their logic, their knowledge,,then we become the gravediggers.
    -- Rod Serling

#Men #Buchenwald #Dachau

• I would like to do something modern and possibly funny.

• In an ideal world, an individual's institutional power would be correlated perfectly with his or her value-add. In practice, this is seldom the case.

• Linguistics is a good way of defining the culture of a brand. The vocabulary used by sports and lifestyle brands - running, fitness, training, motorsports - is all about functionality, whereas the vocabulary of the luxury business - handbags, ready-to-wear - is all about the product.

• The reason we go to poetry is not for wisdom, but for the dismantling of wisdom

• What is photojournalism? Occasionally, a very unique photo, in which form is precise and rich enough and content has enough resonance, is sufficient in itself. But that's rarely the case. The elements of a subject that speak to us are often scattered and can't be captured in one photo; we don't have the right to force them together, and to stage them would be cheating...which brings us to the need for photojournalism.

• The world in which you were born is just one model of reality. Other cultures are not failed attempts at being you; they are unique manifestations of the human spirit.

• Indy car racing is much more aggressive.

• Your ability to negotiate, communicate, influence, and persuade others to do things is absolutely indispensable to everything you accomplish in life. The most effective men and women in every area are those who can quite competently organize the cooperation and assistance of other people toward the accomplishment of important goals and objectives.

• You can't exist in this world without leaving a piece of yourself behind.

• It is better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared.