Diaspora quotes

• I am proud of being a Greek of the diaspora.
    -- George Papandreou

#Greek #Proud #Diaspora

• Diaspora starts about a thousand years from now. Most of human civilisation has moved inside computers; essentially, a major branch of our descendants consists of conscious software.
    -- Greg Egan

#Years #Branches #Diaspora

• An impressively researched and documented collection of the finest thought produced by writers throughout the African Diaspora. A magnificent achievement.
    -- Henry Louis Gates

#Achievement #Diaspora #Finest

• The Indian diaspora is a wonderful place to write from, and I am lucky to be part of it.
    -- Kiran Desai

#Writing #Lucky #Diaspora

• I'm working on a nonfiction book on Nepal and a novel about diasporas.
    -- Louise Brown

#Book #Diaspora #Nonfiction

• It's time for Haitians to have access to health care. It's time to open our borders to the Haitian diaspora, open our markets to the world. It's time to open our country to potential investors.
    -- Michel Martelly

#Country #Care #Diaspora

• Like many of my friends in the Pakistani diaspora - and many of my friends in Pakistan itself, for that matter - I have sometimes looked at the country of my birth and wondered whether its future will be one of steady and sad decline.
    -- Mohsin Hamid

#Country #Pakistan #Diaspora

• Certainly, historically, there has been more attention given in the international media to Indian English-language writers than to Pakistani English-language writers. But that, in my opinion, was justified by the sheer number of excellent writers coming from India and the Indian diaspora.
    -- Mohsin Hamid

#Media #Numbers #Diaspora

• Eliminate the Diaspora, or the Diaspora will surely eliminate you.
    -- Ze'ev Jabotinsky

#Diaspora

• Getting to play a yogic healer was awesome. I love yoga, so I've had a lot of teachers.

• When you're at the end of your rope, all you have to do is make one foot move out in front of the other. Just take the next step. That's all there is to it

• Green Day is like sex, when were good, were really good, when were bad . . . were still pretty damn good.

• You know those actors who have a sense for how they should be used? I don't think I have that.

• I grew up in Bulgaria in a small city on the Black Sea Coast, so I was very interested in the sea, marine life, and everything related to it. But it was also a very dark place at night, so I could see the stars. And I just got very interested in it.

• For me, songwriting is something that I have to do ritually. I don't just wait for inspiration; I try to write a little bit every day.

• I like the fact that I'm living in the world rather than in a university.

• Art speaks its own language-soul to soul, heart to heart.

• Exercise is important, but exercise in a gym is not important. Go and take a walk outside. Skip the umpteenth coffee date and go for a hike instead. Take the stairs. Walk your errands.

• Music must serve a purpose; it must be a part of something larger than itself, a part of humanity...