Fetch quotes

• Things are worth what they will fetch at a sale
    -- Edward Coke

#Fetch

• I was very embarrassed when my canvases began to fetch high prices. I saw myself condemned to a future of nothing but Masterpieces.
    -- Henri Matisse

#Fetch #Saws #Embarrassed

• What am I? Let's just say I won't fetch a stick for you. I won't beg for treats. And, no matter how nicely you ask, I will not roll over and play dead.
    -- Kelley Armstrong

#Play #Fetch #Matter

• Buy Old Masters. They fetch a much better price than old mistresses.
    -- Max Aitken, Lord Beaverbrook

#Art #Mistress #Fetch

• If there is a knower of tongues here, fetch him; There's a stranger in the city And he has many things to say.
    -- Mirza Asadullah Khan Ghalib

#Cities #Tongue #Fetch

• Your grandchildren will likely find it incredible - or even sinful - that you burned up a gallon of gasoline to fetch a pack of cigarettes!
    -- Paul MacCready

#Grandchildren #Gasoline #Fetch

• Stop trying to make ‘fetch’ happen. It’s not going to happen!
    -- Regina George

#Trying #Fetch #Stop Trying

• When we go to God by prayer, the devil knows we go to fetch strength against him, and therefore he opposes us all he can.
    -- Richard Sibbes

#Prayer #Devil #Fetch

• No one would want to pay a penny for an empty canvas by me. But it would be quite another if the empty canvas were signed by a great artist. I would be surprised if an empty canvas by Picasso or Matisse signed and inscribed with the words, 'I wanted to paint such and such on this canvas, but did not do so,' would not fetch thousands... After all, with an empty canvas, the possibilities are limitless, and so perhaps is the cash.
    -- Semir Zeki

#Artist #Would Be #Fetch

• This is our island. It's a good island. Until the grownups come to fetch us we'll have fun.
    -- William Golding

#Fun #Islands #Fetch

• Banks aren't neutral observers, they're ... the people who caused the mess. It's like someone who's wet themselves in a public building insisting they choose which mop the librarian fetches to clear up the puddle.
    -- Mark Steel

#People #Puddles #Fetch

• Stop trying to make ‘fetch’ happen. It’s not going to happen!
    -- Regina George

#Mean Girls #Trying #Fetch