Velocity quotes

• From a certain temperature on, the molecules 'condense' without attractive forces; that is, they accumulate at zero velocity. The theory is pretty, but is there some truth in it.
    -- Albert Einstein

#Zero #Molecules #Velocity

• Arc, amplitude, and curvature sustain a similar relation to each other as time, motion, and velocity, or as volume, mass, and density.
    -- Carl Friedrich Gauss

#Density #Velocity #Mass

• Whenever the work is itself light, it becomes necessary, in order to economize time, to increase the velocity.
    -- Charles Babbage

#Light #Order #Velocity

• Morality—like velocity—is relative. The determination of it depends on what the objects around you are doing. All one can do is measure one's position in relation to them; never can one measure one's velocity or morality in terms of absolutes.
    -- David Gerrold

#Determination #Velocity #Morality

• The great spirals, with their enormous radial velocities and insensible proper motions, apparently lie outside our Solar system.
    -- Edwin Powell Hubble

#Lying #Velocity #Astronomy

• The problem of defining exactly what is meant by the signal velocity, which cropped up as long ago as 1907, has not been solved.
    -- Hans Christian von Baeyer

#Long #Velocity #Defining

• I came to realize in my late 20s that my velocity is not going to grow so I had to learn to utilize what I had.
    -- Jamie Moyer

#Velocity #Realizing #Grows

• Maybe in the minor leagues. With my velocity, they would pick it up and say, 'Hey, you dropped something.'
    -- Jay Feaster

#League #Hey #Velocity

• How are you managing the velocity of change?
    -- Jim Blasingame

#Velocity

• The velocity and volume on the Web are so great that nothing is forgotten and nothing is remembered,
    -- Leon Wieseltier

#Velocity #Forgotten #Volume

• The Theory of Relativity confers an absolute meaning on a magnitude which in classical theory has only a relative significance: the velocity of light. The velocity of light is to the Theory of Relativity as the elementary quantum of action is to the Quantum Theory: it is its absolute core.
    -- Max Planck

#Light #Velocity #Action

• When the velocity of progress increases beyond a certain point, it becomes indistinguishable from crisis.
    -- Owen Barfield

#Progress #Velocity #Certain

• A Dalit needs Jupiter's escape velocity to achieve success.
    -- Rahul Gandhi

#Velocity #Jupiter #Needs

• Everyone's got their own velocity, and there's no real time frame with comedy.
    -- Sarah Silverman

#Real #Velocity #Comedy

• Find your speed, maintain your velocity, keep it up, keep it consistent, and stay in the pocket.
    -- Sonny Barger

#Velocity #Pockets #Speed

• It (the slider) just rolls off of your index finger and begins it's spin which will take it down and across the plate (hopefully). Just remember not to twist your elbow or wrist. It should be thrown, with the wrist and grip set, just like your fastball, slightly off center - with the same velocity and intensity.
    -- Steve Carlton

#Elbows #Down And #Velocity

• I’m aware that there is a bigger, far more complicated world out there than I’d ever realized, and just like the students at Beijing University, I’ve glimpsed it only fleetingly, peripherally. I’ve sensed the vast expanse of my own ignorance now. I feel antsy and constricted and a deep, almost sexual yearning for velocity, for some sort of raw, transcendent experience that I cannot even begin to articulate.
    -- Susan Jane Gilman

#Ignorance #World #Velocity

• Viscosity and velocity are opposites, yet they can look the same. Viscosity causes the stillness of disinclination, velocity causes the stillness of fascination. An observer can't tell if a person is silent and still because inner life has stalled or because inner life is transfixingly busy.
    -- Susanna Kaysen

#Opposites #Looks #Velocity

• ...(that) any general system of conveying passengers would ... go at a velocity exceeding ten miles an hour, or thereabouts, is extremely improbable.
    -- Thomas Tredgold

#Velocity #Hours #Miles

• The community of developers whose work you see on the Web, who probably don't know what ADO or UML or JPA even stand for, deploy better systems at less cost in less time at lower risk than we see in the Enterprise. This is true even when you factor in the greater flexibility and velocity of startups.
    -- Tim Bray

#Community #Risk #Velocity

• I like physics. I think it is the best science out of all three of them, because generally it's more useful. You learn about speed and velocity and time, and that's all clever stuff.
    -- Tom Felton

#Clever #Thinking #Velocity

• Can quantum mechanics represent the fact that an electron finds itself approximately in a given place and that it moves approximately with a given velocity, and can we make these approximations so close that they do not cause experimental difficulties?
    -- Werner Heisenberg

#Moving #Velocity #Causes

• There is first the problem of acquiring content, which is learning. There is another problem of acquiring learning skills, which is not merely learning, but learning to learn, not velocity, but acceleration. Learning to learn is one of the great inventions of living things. It is tremendously important. It makes evolution, biological as well as social, go faster. And it involves the development of the individual.
    -- Ralph W. Gerard

#Skills #Important #Velocity

• I’m aware that there is a bigger, far more complicated world out there than I’d ever realized, and just like the students at Beijing University, I’ve glimpsed it only fleetingly, peripherally. I’ve sensed the vast expanse of my own ignorance now. I feel antsy and constricted and a deep, almost sexual yearning for velocity, for some sort of raw, transcendent experience that I cannot even begin to articulate.
    -- Susan Jane Gilman

#Ignorance #Complicated World #Velocity

• I haven't always thrown hard, but eventually my (velocity) caught up with my mechanics.
    -- Tim Lincecum

#Velocity #Mechanic #Caught

• I use high velocity to keep hitters off balance.
    -- Justin Verlander

#Balance #Use #Velocity